Thread in which we discuss The Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread in which we discuss The Wine

As a starter subject, I'm going to San Francisco in April and could do with recommendations for any brilliant wineries to visit.

Definitely want to go to Seghesio. Got 5 bottles of their 2006 Zinfandel when we got married and it's amazing. An absolute monster of a wine.

Seghesio Family Vineyards is a leader in crafting Zinfandel and Italian Heritage wines that embody Sonoma County. Visit our tasting room, just up the street from downtown Healdsburg.

Other than that any top tips/wine matches/other comments?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

The last time I toured Napa Valley I was underage, unfortunately.

Pretty sights, though.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You don't have to have been to the winery you can just recommend the wine if you want!

Also, that's it? That's all you have to add? After making me start the thread? Wine input please.
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm no wine expert. I'm hoping to learn from your expertise.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I had a nice red in Morocco called Guerrouane.

Very easy drinking. Nice with lamb.
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Guerrouane is a wine region...
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              You don't have to have been to the winery you can just recommend the wine if you want!

Also, that's it? That's all you have to add? After making me start the thread? Wine input please.
              I think you should ban him for at least 3 months: wasting moderator time!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                Guerrouane is a wine region...
                Yes, SW of Meknes. But it is also the name of a winery. Or at least, that was what was plastered all over the bottle. Besides, I'm not an expert.

Comment

I've only got some limited experience on argentine wines.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

eg.

I guess that's like when you get something called "Australian Red" or whatever.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

I really like Rioja (Red and 3 to 4 years old) ->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rioja_(wine)
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I know very little about American wines, but if you're ever interested in other areas just shout.

Currently drinking Chateau Musar 2002. The greatest thing to come out of the Middle East- all major religions included.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I have 3 bottles of the 2001. also from the wedding list. Haven't drunk any of it yet!
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

The 2001, predictably enough, was very good.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

In Napa some of my favorate wineries are Darioush, Stag's Leap Vineyards, Stag's Leap Cellars, Chateau Montelena, and Domaine Carneros just to name a few. It's probably best to sign up with a touring company since they'll handle the driving plus they already know which are the top wineries to visit.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X