No announcement yet.

Why modern feminism is illogical, unnecessary, and evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypergamy? As in, the taste of concentrated venison stock?

Also, has Hera always been like this, or do we need to check if Aneeshm has taken over his account?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Ahh, ok. Now that's understandable.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
        i suppose it depends on what you mean. i was talking more about stuff like choosing what they wear, being able to get an education, deciding who they marry, rather than, say, deciding what is for dinner or what time the children go to bed.

I think that men often look at their lives and think that because the women in them seem to have so much power and control, that this translates somehow into women being dominant in society, or least having much more power than they do. the author of the article in the OP has nevertheless fallen into that trap.
        I can agree with you only about choice of education.(but I have no idea what is the percentage of world population) The other disadvantages that you point out are valid for both men and women in the societies where they exist. (and those societies are a relatively small portion of the world population)

I also think that given free choice a lot of women would still opt to make family and raise kids instead of going for higher education and making money. I am not saying that all women should just stay at home and raise kids, but we cannot reject the underlying biology. If people don't have children the species disappears. And so far the only way to have children is for women to get pregnant so it is normal to observe a tendency for women to stay at home, raise kids, earn less, spend more etc.
        Quendelie axan!

Comment

A bunch of potentially undersexed guys talking about women in the most condescending manner.

Just your typical forum misogyny, salted with anti-modernist assaults quite typical for this conservative place. Nothing to see, move on.

Comment

This place is conservative? I mean, I know European/other untermenschen standards are more progressive than here in the US, but we have a fair assortment of views, even assuming you subscribe to a simple left/right dichotomy. With Aggie thankfully gone and Kid converted, most of the scary left is gone, leaving BK unopposed as standard of the scary right, but that doesn't mean there's nobody in the middle.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

more women attain some reproductive success; many more men end their lives as total reproductive losers,

While true, some men end their lives far more productive than any woman. It averages out from a male perspective, unless you want to consider reproducing in the absence of a man's involvement in the process.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                Ok what about this?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)
                The question is whether men have authority over women in the church in the first place. Jesus said not to call a servant of God Father.

Then there is Romans 16

I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant[deaconess] of the church in Cenchrea. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me.
                Christian men need to be more than conquerors. That comes naturally with women. Men need to learn from women.

You like to think of yourself as a conquerer don't you? I'm talking about your threads about disrespecting and taking advantage of women. If you don't mind some bold speech. You have a lot of nerve calling feminists evil for taking up for the people you mistreat.
                Last edited by Kidlicious; January 23, 2010, 16:03.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Sigh, I'm not sure why you didn't quote, "each husband his own wife, each wife her own husband."

The bible is very clear in teaching equality in value, not equality in function or role.
                  You're right. A women's role is probably more important.

1 Peter 3:7-8

Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
                  If men were the husbands they are suppose to be, the citizens they are suppose to be, the leaders they are suppose to be, and the ministers they are suppose to be there wouldn't be a big problem. The problem is that men are sexist. Christian's are sexist too. So the whole "be obedient to authority" doesn't work. At any rate, women are more obedient, giving, humble, and they often understand the Word of God better than men. So be thirsty for the Word, and not ignorant of it and let women preach!
                  Last edited by Kidlicious; January 23, 2010, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                    This is true. Other factors could be at work making women less happy than they where in the 70's while leaving men mostly untouched. Can you give me an alternative explanation?
                    There are a million factors.

Comment

It seems like a pretty bad article in the sense that it's arguments suck and are far-fetched from the subject, but it's premise is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                        more women attain some reproductive success; many more men end their lives as total reproductive losers,

While true, some men end their lives far more productive than any woman. It averages out from a male perspective, unless you want to consider reproducing in the absence of a man's involvement in the process.

Ehh, no it doesn't. The average guy is screwed by such a system. Unless you would like to argue against progressive income tax since it "averages out from the citizens perspective".

Again historically 80% of women have reproduced while the same is achieved by only 40% of men. Seriously, think about this. On average 60% of men each generation suffered their genetic death versus only 20% of women.
                        Last edited by Heraclitus; January 23, 2010, 16:28.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          There are a million factors.
                          Name one.
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            You like to think of yourself as a conquerer don't you? I'm talking about your threads about disrespecting and taking advantage of women. If you don't mind some bold speech. You have a lot of nerve calling feminists evil for taking up for the people you mistreat.
                            I mistreat women? Citation needed.

I do not disrespect women. I have never belittled someone for my amusement. What I have done is flirted. You know "You can dress her up but can't take her anywhere." or "Ehw you spitted in my eye." or "Hands off the merchandise" or "Seesh wine and dine me first!"

Could you help me out? Was this a Code Black or a Code Silver? Or perhaps even a code Orange?

Also guys get your insults straight, either I'm a abusing womanizer or a loser who can't get laid. (you can go with abusing womanizing looser)

Charge of Misogyny (Code Black)

Discussion: The target is accused of displaying some form of unwarranted malice to a particular woman or to women in general. Examples:

* “You misogynist creep!”
                            * “Why do you hate women?”
                            * “Do you love your mother?”
                            * “You are insensitive to the plight of women.”
                            * “You are mean-spirited.”
                            * “You view women as doormats.”
                            * “You want to roll back the rights of women!!”
                            * “You are going to make me cry.”

Response: One may ask the accuser how does a pro-male agenda become inherently anti-female (especially since feminists often claim that gains for men and women are “not a zero-sum game”). One may also ask the accuser how do they account for women who agree with the target’s viewpoints. The Code Black shaming tactic often integrates the logical fallacies of “argumentum ad misericordiam” (viz., argumentation based on pity for women) and/or “argumentum in terrorem” (viz., arousing fear about what the target wants to do to women).

Charge of Selfishness (Code Silver)

Discussion: This attack is self-explanatory. It is a common charge hurled at men who do not want to be bothered with romantic pursuits. Examples:

* “You are so materialistic.”
                            * “You are so greedy.”

Response: It may be beneficial to turn the accusation back on the one pressing the charge. For instance, one may retort, “So you are saying I shouldn’t spend my money on myself, but should instead spend it on a woman like you —and you accuse me of being selfish?? Just what were you planning

Charge of Endangerment (Code Orange) – The Elevated Threat Charge

Discussion: The target is accused of being a menace in some undefined manner. This charge may be coupled with some attempt to censor the target. Examples:

* “You guys are scary.”
                            * “You make me feel afraid.”

Response: It may be constructive to point out that only bigots and tyrants are afraid of having the truth expressed to them. One may also ask why some women think they can handle leadership roles if they are so threatened by a man’s legitimate freedom of expression.
                            Last edited by Heraclitus; January 23, 2010, 16:28.

Comment

DP

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                                A bunch of potentially undersexed guys talking about women in the most condescending manner.

Just your typical forum misogyny, salted with anti-modernist assaults quite typical for this conservative place. Nothing to see, move on.
                                Could you quote the misogynistic statements in this thread?

Also I bet if we went and analyzed Poly's archives we would find more misandrist statements.

Comment

Working...
                                X