Why modern feminism is illogical, unnecessary, and evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course it is hera.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
      of course it is hera.
      Can we at least agree that women have more power than men in the mating procces?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

maybe marginally in western countries, but i would say it's debatable. in many parts of the world, women have very little choice or power in any aspect of their lives, chosing a mate being no exception.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

maybe marginally in western countries, but i would say it's debatable. in many parts of the world, women have very little choice or power in any aspect of their lives, chosing a mate being no exception.
          Ok, let's limit ourselves to talking about western countries.

Dosen't the gender inbalance by itself shift the sexual power towards women?

(for every 100 women 105 boys are born in societies with low infant mortality, the only reason there are more women than men is that women live longer, and the oldest women aren't part of the sexual marketplace)

Also the hipergamy instinct is the basis of the female sex drive. Put quite simply the average woman will not be happy in a relationship with an average man. Sure the same could be said of men, but considering 70% of divorces are filed by women I think men are less picky.
          Last edited by Heraclitus; January 22, 2010, 16:29.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

You're a sad little man, aren't you?

To quote The Doors: "women seem wicked, when you're unwanted..."

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
              Also the hipergamy instinct is the basis of the female sex drive. Put quite simply the average woman will not be happy in a relationship with an average man. Sure the same could be said of men, but considering 70% of divorces are filed by women I think men are less picky.
              I would bet that percentage is that high due to their mates cheating on them, so it probably just indicates that more men get caught. Men are probably more picky because they want to screw their younger secretaries.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Of course there are differences between men and women. But the question is, do such differences between gender warrant denial of equal opportunities?

For example, sometime back, KH created a thread discussing female cops who find themselves in situations where they confront a criminal on the streets, without a partner present.

I think it may be alright if a female cop is on patrol with another female cop, or a male cop. But there are other duties and responsibilities that women are definitely equally capable of as a police officer outside of pursuing and subduing criminals, as discussed in that thread.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

maybe marginally in western countries, but i would say it's debatable. in many parts of the world, women have very little choice or power in any aspect of their lives, choosing a mate being no exception.
                  I think you underestimate women. I am pretty sure that in most societies(even those that seem extremely patriarchal) women have enough tools(nagging, sex, etc.) to impose their will on a range of issues.
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

Back in college there was this girl who kept talking to everyone about feminism and how she is a feminist. She would go so far as to correct people who referred to vaginas a pussies. We planted so much pot on her but I think what finally got her expelled was her decision to hand out bizarre "fun packs" consisting of M&Ms, ecstasy and dildos in the student center. So I think this article has a point.

Comment

i suppose it depends on what you mean. i was talking more about stuff like choosing what they wear, being able to get an education, deciding who they marry, rather than, say, deciding what is for dinner or what time the children go to bed.

i think that men often look at their lives and think that because the women in them seem to have so much power and control, that this translates somehow into women being dominant in society, or least having much more power than they do. the author of the article in the OP has nevertheless fallen into that trap.

Comment

However, in the only two biologically meaningful measures of welfare – longevity and reproductive success – women are and have always been slightly better off than men. In every human society, women live longer than men.
                        Part of this has to do with the fact that there are fewer women in dangerous professions. Men have always made up the vast, vast majority of those who are killed on the job. It's considered newsworthy when a women happens to die on the job, because it's not something that happens all that often.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That is an often misunderstood verse. That's Paul throwing back what they are asking him in sarcasm.
                          Sigh, I'm not sure why you didn't quote, "each husband his own wife, each wife her own husband."

The bible is very clear in teaching equality in value, not equality in function or role.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Erm, you are suggesting that women want sex more often than the men do? Not sure what you mean here. The rationales for divorce are usually not the, "I want kids with someone else", but for quite a few other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                              You're a sad little man, aren't you?

To quote The Doors: "women seem wicked, when you're unwanted..."

-Arrian
                              Code Purple.
                              Anyway women like me just fine in fact they like me more and more ever since I've updated my map so it matches the territory better.

PS:
                              Charge of Rationalization (Code Purple) – The Sour Grapes Charge

Discussion: The target is accused of explaining away his own failures and/or dissatisfaction by blaming women for his problems. Example:

* “You are just bitter because you can’t get laid.”

Response: In this case, it must be asked if it really matters how one arrives at the truth. In other words, one may submit to the accuser, “What if the grapes really are sour?” At any rate, the Code Purple shaming tactic is an example of what is called “circumstantial ad hominem.”

To make sure people know what I'm talking about
                              http://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/The_m..._the_territory

BTW I really recomend the blog entries written by Elizer Yudkowsky.
                              Last edited by Heraclitus; January 22, 2010, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Erm, you are suggesting that women want sex more often than the men do? Not sure what you mean here. The rationales for divorce are usually not the, "I want kids with someone else", but for quite a few other reasons.
                                I misspeled. I meant to say hypergamy.
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypergamy

Comment

Working...
                                X