No announcement yet.

Is this what a dying forum looks like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighborhood tavern regulars treat each other much better than what goes on here now

While new blood would be nice... it seems like they get chased away before they can even fit in. Well, I guess the DL's have no problem fitting in now
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      All political discussions boil down to partisan lines all the time. Every pol thread will have pro-Democrat comments by Oerdin, (brief) pro-Republican comments from DinoDoc, centrist comments by Imran, and gay comments from MrFun.

The problem at Apolyton is not new. Without new blood, the atmosphere transforms from a formal debate hall to a neighborhood tavern with regulars.
      There's too much history, too many things happened to alter people's perspectives of each other. Sometimes a clean break can help, sometimes the community itself can change to fix it. But like you say, most discussions here end up the same rants in every thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
        Neighborhood tavern regulars treat each other much better than what goes on here now
        That's because at a tavern, certain people would have had their throats torn out by now, letting the rest be in relative peace. Here, these individuals are always around for another dose of abuse
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          It's hard to have serious discussions when everyone's been here 10 years. Not much new ground to tread on.
          There is plenty of new ground if posters would talk more about ideas and events and less about other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            I disagree... but that's just my opinion. There are many new topics that can be discussed. Unfortunately, it just seems like real discussions can't be kept civil. There are many reasons for that, and that's just the way it is now
            I agree in part with Asher, we've covered a lot of the same ground numerous times. It does get a little dull after a while.

That said, you are right. Anything new that does come up for discussion goes sideways real fast these days.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I just like how all the panda****ers are posting how their forum is better and yet are spending all their time over here.

Methinks they protest too much.
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Fool.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                  I just like how all the panda****ers are posting how their forum is better and yet are spending all their time over here.

Methinks they protest too much.
                  Yeah keep moving. You may want to re-check who keeps talking about WPC over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post
                    That's because at a tavern, certain people would have had their throats torn out by now, letting the rest be in relative peace. Here, these individuals are always around for another dose of abuse
                    Throats torn out?

I'm glad I'm not a regular at Solver's local....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                      Yeah keep moving. You may want to re-check who keeps talking about WPC over here.
                      Over here, that's the point! I wouldn't touch your forum with your panda *** soaked dick, and yet all you lot are coming over here bleating about how it's supposed to be a better forum - despite Wezil's stats getting comprehensively pwned by Ming.

You're all like a bunch of rats who jumped ship and realised that the other ship is actually sinking faster than the one they left. Kindly have the courage of your convictions and **** off.

Comment

Yeah, that's it.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

MOBIUS, you talk like they want you at WPC. Surely you know that's incorrect.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be in the Site Feedback forum? Why are the mods allowing it to take up valuable space in the OT?
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              MOBIUS, you talk like they want you at WPC. Surely you know that's incorrect.
                              WTF are you banging on about!?

I want to stop you panda****ers constantly invading our forum and upsetting the status quo. There was a time a few months back when I actually noticed the people left in this forum beginning to become more friendly and civil towards each other. It's like you lot couldn't stand it and came barging in again...

Virtually all the posters that I think are total tools on this forum, were the ones that left for WeFiddlePandas - take you lot out of the equation and I actually start turning into a nice poster!

We don't want you back - the forum is a nicer place without you panda****ers.

You made your bed, kindly have the courtesy of lying in it with your pandas and Filipina child brides...

Comment

Some of us weren't childish enough to think it was an "either/or" decision. I never left Poly and in fact posted at both sites for months.

Comment

Working...
                                X