Is this what a dying forum looks like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Not spurned lover reaction... just laughing at fools. I don't think anybody considers them a rival... just a joke worth making fun of. You have to admit, the story of the split is pretty funny.
    The childishness is not funny. Not in the slightest. The DL's, the piss-poor excuse for humor about pandas, "****", none of it is funny. That anyone at all finds it a source of amusement really is sad. That includes you, Ming.
    Thanks to this place constantly mentioning it, WPC will be a lot easier to find for anyone doing a search for Civ.
    Why come here when they can go to the place that THIS place is constantly talking about?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh oh.

[****stormhat]
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
        Which of course flowed into the Civ4 expansions sadly.
        Don't make me agree with a panda****er.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
          Don't make me agree with a panda****er.
          I'll change my comment just for you then if you want.

Comment

Why not just delete it?
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              The childishness is not funny. Not in the slightest. The DL's, the piss-poor excuse for humor about pandas, "****", none of it is funny. That anyone at all finds it a source of amusement really is sad. That includes you, Ming.
              Where did I say I thought the DL's, and all the panda stuff funny? I did claim that the story behind the break up was indeed funny. And I still find it funny that some people picked up their ball and went home, because they had thin skins. You don't see me creating DL's or even posting over there. I registered simply so somebody else couldn't use my handle and do crappy stuff over there. I have no problem with them, and really wish them the same luck and success as any other civ site. I'm a strong supporter of the Civ Community, and the more sites and posters, the better. I just happen to prefer this site.

Thanks to this place constantly mentioning it, WPC will be a lot easier to find for anyone doing a search for Civ.
              Why come here when they can go to the place that THIS place is constantly talking about?
              While I hear what you are saying... Google results and current traffic would indicate that what you are suggesting just isn't happening
              I'm sure even they thought they would have more traffic and posters by now.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have no problem with them, and really wish them the same luck and success as any other civ site. I'm a strong supporter of the Civ Community, and the more sites and posters, the better. I just happen to prefer this site.
                This is my thinking. I tried out WPC but it didn't feel like "home".

That said, I do wish Poly was better than it is these days.

Comment

Complacency. Another killer. Google results never change, do they? Give it time.
                  BTW, I didn't mean to insinuate that you have, or would, do or say the things that I mentioned. I only mean that it's all disgusting on it's own merits.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I wish the OT had more serious posts, more real fun that wasn't just a bunch of insults, and less DL's... but not my job anymore. If this is what the owners want, so be it. It's their call, just like it was ours when we were in charge. It is what it is.

I will continue posting here as long as it's still around, and I'm still playing civ... Because that's why I came here in the first place.

KEEP ON CIVIN'
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

It's hard to have serious discussions when everyone's been here 10 years. Not much new ground to tread on.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Really? I saw a slanderous comment about Ali posting a thread about the new building in Dubai over at WPC. Maybe I missed the thread about it here. All I saw was the idiotic remark about her.
                        So it's not a lack of events. It's a choice about conduct. What the people choose to "discuss". Let's not talk about the building, let's talk about Ali.
                        Asher, don't go there, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Really? I saw a slanderous comment about Ali posting a thread about the new building in Dubai over at WPC. Maybe I missed the thread about it here. All I saw was the idiotic remark about her.
                          So it's not a lack of events. It's a choice about conduct. What the people choose to "discuss". Let's not talk about the building, let's talk about Ali.
                          Asher, don't go there, OK?
                          WTF, Sloww?

You can apologize at any time...

I haven't said a damn thing about Ali.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            It's hard to have serious discussions when everyone's been here 10 years. Not much new ground to tread on.
                            I disagree... but that's just my opinion. There are many new topics that can be discussed. Unfortunately, it just seems like real discussions can't be kept civil. There are many reasons for that, and that's just the way it is now
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              WTF, Sloww?

You can apologize at any time...

I haven't said a damn thing about Ali.
                              I didn't say you did. I said I saw a comment, and that I did see.
                              My point to you was your comment about nothing left to talk about, and then I illustrated it with something not concerning you.

Now, I apologize for your having gotten the wrong impression.

Comment

I disagree... but that's just my opinion. There are many new topics that can be discussed. Unfortunately, it just seems like real discussions can't be kept civil. There are many reasons for that, and that's just the way it is now
                                All political discussions boil down to partisan lines all the time. Every pol thread will have pro-Democrat comments by Oerdin, (brief) pro-Republican comments from DinoDoc, centrist comments by Imran, and gay comments from MrFun.

The problem at Apolyton is not new. Without new blood, the atmosphere transforms from a formal debate hall to a neighborhood tavern with regulars.

Comment

Working...
                                X