Are you more conservative than Ben Kenobi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you more conservative than Ben Kenobi

Are you more conservative than Ben Kenobi?

1. "Not necessarily conscription, but conscription if necessary.”

a) Agree, Conscription is a necessary evil.
    b) Disagree, a voluntary army is a superior force to involuntary servitude.
    c) Agree, Conscription is the means by which we gage true patriots.
    d) Disagree, Conscription is a mortal evil which all thinking men should despise.

2. "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."

a) Agree with this sentiment, Republicanism is the best form of government.
    b) Disagree with this sentiment, the King is at best a figurehead but not a ruffian.
    c) Agree with this sentiment, Off with 'is 'ead!
    d) Disagree with this sentiment, the King should be the basis of a system of laws.

3. "For my part I think that capitalism, wisely managed, can probably be made more efficient for attaining economic ends than any alternative system yet in sight, but that in itself it is in many ways extremely objectionable."

a) Agree with this sentiment. Capitalism is more of a success, than a failure.
    b) Agree with this sentiment, however Capitalism is more of a failure than success.
    c) Disagree with this sentiment, Capitalism is a pure good and cannot be improved.
    d) Disagree with this sentiment, Capitalism isn't the most efficient system.

4. "Anyone who is to find Christ must first find the church. How could anyone know where Christ is and what faith is in him unless he knew where his believers are?"

a) Agree with this sentiment. The Church is a necessary part of the Faith.
    b) Disagree with this sentiment, You need to find Christ first, then his Church.
    c) Agree with this sentiment. You can only tell his true believers by those who go to church.
    d) Disagree with this sentiment, the institution of the Church is unbiblical.

5. "Of course God is endlessly multi-dimensional so every religion that exists on earth represents some face, some side of God."

a) Agree with this sentiment, all religions have some aspect of God but some have more than others.
    b) Disagree with this sentiment, Christ is the only way to God.
    c) Agree with this sentiment, all religions are equally true.
    d) Disagree with this sentiment, religion is meaningless and so is God.

6. As man in the state of nature has no idea of goodness; he must be naturally wicked; that is, he is vicious because he does not know virtue".

a) Agree with this statement, Man is naturally wicked and cannot improve his state.
    b) Disagree with this statement, Man is born free, but society makes him wicked.
    c) Agree with this statement, Man is naturally wicked, but society refines him.
    d) Disagree with this statement, Nature is neither 'wicked', nor 'pure', it merely, 'is'.

7. "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

a) Agree with this sentiment, people should be able to say whatever they want to say without punishment.
    b) Disagree with this sentiment, we have a right not to be offended and to listen to offensive speech.
    c) Disagree with this sentiment, we have a right to speak provided it is approved by the censor.
    d) Agree with this sentiment, we have a right to say provided we accept the consequences.

8. "America was indebted to immigration for her settlement and prosperity. That part of America which had encouraged them most had advanced most rapidly in population, agriculture and the arts."

a) Agree with this sentiment, Immigration is an unmitigated good.
    b) Agree with this sentiment, Legal immigration is beneficial to a nation, but illegal immigration is not.
    c) Disagree with this sentiment, Immigration should be restricted to areas of great need.
    d) Disagree with this sentiment, the nation would be stronger with no immigration whatsoever.

9. "Neutrality is a negative word. It does not express what America ought to feel. We are not trying to keep out of trouble; we are trying to preserve the foundations on which peace may be rebuilt."

a) Agree with this sentiment. America has a duty to preserve liberty around the world.
    b) Agree with this sentiment. The first duty to America is to Americans, but neighbourliness is necessary.
    c) Disagree with this sentiment. Americans should stick to America alone, and not interfere with others.
    d) Disagree with this sentiment. Americans have made a mess of liberty, they spread tyranny not liberty.

10. "Here is my principle: Taxes shall be levied according to ability to pay. That is the only American principle."

a) Agree with this sentiment. Taxation should be proportional to income.
    b) Disagree with this sentiment. Taxation should only be levied against consumption, not income.
    c) Agree with this sentiment. Taxation should only tax the wealthy.
    d) Disagree with this sentiment. Everyone should pay exactly the same amount of tax.

Bonus points for identifying the source of each quote.
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; January 4, 2010, 20:13.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Who cares?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Certain forms of insanity are more right wing than you are, but that's about it.
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

So post your answers and find out. I've tried to make a really fair test.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Not when only you hold the answer key
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ben, nobody gives a **** about your opinions or where other people stand relative to you.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

b, a, a, b, a, d, d, a, b, a

What do I win?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                Ben, nobody gives a **** about your opinions or where other people stand relative to you.
                I kinda what to know what bat **** ideas he considers "conservative" and "non-conservative". Good for a laugh

Comment

c, r, a, p, t, e, s, t

How conservative am I?
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Imran Siddiqui

You are 1 point more conservative than Ben Kenobi.

“The Force will be with you, always.”
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; January 4, 2010, 20:50.

Comment

a) Agree, Conscription is a necessary evil.
                      a) Agree with this sentiment, Republicanism is the best form of government.
                      a) Agree with this sentiment. Capitalism is more of a success, than a failure.
                      a) Agree with this sentiment. The Church is a necessary part of the Faith. (I kind of pick this as a best choice deal)
                      a) Agree with this sentiment, all religions have some aspect of God but some have more than others.
                      d) Disagree with this statement, Nature is neither 'wicked', nor 'pure', it merely, 'is'.
                      d) Agree with this sentiment, we have a right to say provided we accept the consequences.
                      b) Agree with this sentiment, Legal immigration is beneficial to a nation, but illegal immigration is not.
                      b) Agree with this sentiment. The first duty to America is to Americans, but neighbourliness is necessary.

I can't do the last one. I'm undecided. I am in favor of a flat tax.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

a
                        b
                        a
                        x
                        x
                        d
                        c
                        x
                        x
                        a

xs are pass, i.e. all answers are inappropriate or not interested in the question

Comment

Slowwhand:

You are 8 points more conservative than Ben Kenobi!

"I can feel your anger...it gives you focus, makes you stronger!"

Comment

Kitschum

You are 1 point more conservative than Ben Kenobi.

“The Force will be with you, always.”

Comment

11. Are you more of a self-righteous cünt than Ben Kenobi?

a) no

Comment

Working...
                              X