No announcement yet.

Wait for the poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is also from a few hours ago. It's a frozen waterfall.
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
      It's closer to a major city.
      The major city.

That also has made it more of a tourist trap.

Jasper is closer to being natural, and is closer to areas where very few people go.
      I'll actually agree with you. Jasper is nicer than Banff to non-tourists, for this reason: it's not a touristy as Banff. If Banff wasn't so touristy, it'd be more awesome -- but its awesomeness and proximity to Calgary has made it more touristy. But for most tourists, this isn't a bad thing.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You can even get sleigh rides around the beautiful lake.
        Attached Files

Comment

It would've been perfect had these dirty greasers not polluted the scenery with their ****ing ugly jerseys.
          Attached Files

Comment

Now there is a beautiful scene.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I believe that's Sam Gagner in the stroller on the right.

Comment

Is that Iginla's new plan to get one of those Cup tins?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hmm, personally the big thing in Calgary is the Stampede. I'd only go there for that. The rest of the city is not much in the way of really big touristy areas.

Saddledome is good if you like minor hockey.

As for NYE voting for Jasper, I have to agree. I'm on the other side of the mountains in BC, (about 4 hours or so from Jasper).

In Edmonton you have the West Edmonton Mall which is basically an indoor theme park. I've not been myself, I have been to Spruce Grove, but only for a church meeting.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Although WEM is an attraction for some, to me it is an embarrassment.

Not only is it brash and tacky (yeah! the biggest shopping blight in the world! Woohoo!) but it is a symbol of massive fail when it comes to urban development. When it was built it ripped the heart out of downtown and several other smaller, cosier centres with smaller, independant businesses.

It was built on the then edge of the city, and the planning for the area is horrid. It is nearly the most human-hostile area imaginable. The street that it was built on is now one of the busiest in the city. It has zero (pretty much) sidewalks. The only developments on it are strip malls. It is on the backside of several residential areas, but instead of building housing and shops facing the street, they've built massive berms to keep the traffic noise away from the housing. They do not run buses up and down the street for local traffic; that should tell you something.

Although it is terrible from the POV above, it is OK for a day or evening of entertainment. You can skate, swim, or mini-golf; see a movie, and there are several decent pubs/restaurants. Kids love it since there are also rides. They can burn a whole day easily. For adults it might be something to be seen if you have a list of unusual things to check off on your life-time to-do list.
                    Last edited by notyoueither; December 28, 2009, 16:58.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

The Stampede is worthless. I've been once, for one day, in my entire life.

Comment

That's cause you are a carpetbagger.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                        X