No announcement yet.

Unnecessarily difficult words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be so hard on our Lord and Savior.

In any case, there, their, they're are homophones, which are obviously immensely interesting, but not exactly what the thread was about. If that's the direction people are taking it, I'd rather talk moose.

I'm sure someone here has eaten moose. What did you think? Better/worse than kangaroo?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Christ, you're just wrong about everything.
      I don't think they're is a doubt that their is a problem out they're
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I love this one:

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

How can people who has that phobia tell other people what phobia they have?
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Good example! It's almost like someone created the word with that in mind

Did you know there's such a thing as moose milk and moose cheese? I didn't, but I'm curious now.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            It's not me that has the problem!
            right, sure thing
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Loose, lose
              Nah, this is how I teach people how to get it right.

Loose = Choose

Lose = Chose.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I don't see how that could possibly help. In fact it would just confuse them more...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes, but they have different pronunciation on t'other side o' t' pond lad.

Maybe they're spelling it correctly, and using it as grammatically sound, but just can't talk for ****....

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                    Did you know there's such a thing as moose milk and moose cheese? I didn't, but I'm curious now.
                    I was quite certain they're was moose milk before you mentioned it, altho I didn't give it much thot.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I would like to additionally add the word verbose as well.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
                        I don't think anyone in the US under the age of 30 can use there, their, or they're properly.
                        Thankfully the rest of the world can write properly.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          Christ, you're just wrong about everything.
                          Many years on various forums confirms this problem. It's their're fault.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Thankfully the rest of the world can rite properly.
                            Fixed.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                              I would like to additionally add the word verbose as well.
                              Addendum noted.

Peripatetic (wandering) is another one that always bugged me.

Comment

loquacious

If I ever hear anyone use that word, I'll probably have to hit them in the gut.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X