• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnecessarily difficult words

hebdomadally = weekly

to, two, too
    loose, lose
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That's not what I was after though. They are clearly semantically different.

Comment

Loose, lose is easy, Sloww.

Think of moose, and it rhymes with your shoelaces not being tight.

To, too, and two are good reasons for burning random Germans. That I will have to grant.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's not me that has the problem!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I know.

****in's moose are all over the place. They make a big mess when I run them down in my Hummer.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hitting a moose must be a *****. Damn. The mental image alone is traumatizing.

Comment

Actually, at speed it is usually equally fatal for the driver as the moose.

They have those long legs. When the vehicle strikes them the moose comes up over the hood and through the windshield. All 1000 to 1500 pounds of moose in your lap at speed. They scrape the jam out of the passenger compartment.

Hummers are for protection.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Just like a horse, only bigger. Hitting a cow is like hitting a wall.

Comment

Like that, just a bit larger.

Then there's hitting them when you are gloing too slow.

A bull moose can do quite a job on a vehicle.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                      I know.

****in's moose are all over the place. They make a big mess when I run them down in my Hummer.
                      The correct pluralisation is meese, I think you'll find

Personally, I think unnecessarily is an unnecessarily difficult word
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't think anyone in the US under the age of 30 can use there, their, or they're properly.

Comment

Is that the work of the Bilderberg Group?
                          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

You're close. The subversion of our education system was attributed to Tax-exempt foundations by the Reece Committee and the Dodd report. Funders of those tax-exempt foundations do attend Bilderberg.

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
                              I don't think anyone in the US under the age of 30 can use there, their, or they're properly.
                              Christ, you're just wrong about everything.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X