No announcement yet.

How Long is Your Commoote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and on commuting time - 30 min with public, 15 with car.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      BS. I seriously doubt that northerners rent more, and if they do, it's not directed by workplaces. Spouses rarely work in same areas up here.
      You seriously doubt, I know what I'm talking about.

Homeownership rates are lowest in Switzerland, Germany and Netherlands, highest
      in Greece, Spain, Italy and the formerly communist countries.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Under a minute, and that includes time for the computer to boot up.
        Ah well, I could work from home, but I actually like to get out of the house and see my colleagues face to face...

Christmas party tomorrow!
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
          You seriously doubt, I know what I'm talking about.

Homeownership rates are lowest in Switzerland, Germany and Netherlands, highest
          in Greece, Spain, Italy and the formerly communist countries.
          That are pure southerners for us northerners - that is brits, swedes, norwegians, finns, danes etc.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I told my wife I'm not living "upstate" when she mentioned the UES.

KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              I remember one stretch about 3 summers back where it was exactly 99F every day for 10 days straight with very high humidity.
              The Summer of '92 was amazing. Something like 60 days were 90+ degrees.

The bus route that I rode had mostly those old buses without air conditioning. And the city had not yet become enlightened to the goodness of business casual dress.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                Ah well, I could work from home, but I actually like to get out of the house and see my colleagues face to face...

Christmas party tomorrow!
                I had decades of that; now I socialize with my former colleagues and they're all jealous as hell. My old employer is now a client -- most of the benefits, none of the agony.

I do go downtown for client meetings and such as needed. So to be honest, I do have a 40-min commute once a week.

And I'll be at a client Christmas party tomorrow as well.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                X