No announcement yet.

D&D Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miniatures is the term you're looking for.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      rah was also a sucky DM...
      compared to my brother, yeah probably.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sounds like Ming is a better manager.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Obviously I have the better people skills
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

BTW, I didn't play DnD or MtG until like my senior year of college (MtG might have been my junior year). Of course, I liked nerdier things (war games).

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I wonder if war games are nerdier than D&D. I think D&D players have a worse reputation in society.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

D&D wasn't really invented till I started College. And I did own almost every Avalon Hill game ever made in High school.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  miniatures is the term you're looking for.
                  I was thinking about the actual name of the game itself. All I remember was that it required people to paint and glue tanks, fantasy figurines, and create landscapes. Every once in a while you could find people playing tournaments at the mall.

Comment

Warhammer?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Yeah, that's it.

Comment

• I'm going to say I Googled it, and hope you believe me.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• D&D is ****ing awesome - it and other RPGs (Aftermath! was my favourite!) are probably the only things that stopped me going off the rails during my teenage years.

Then we all grew up, got laid, got a life etc.

A couple of years ago our group got all nostalgic about the D&D days and every few months one of us hosts the rest (there are seven of us) for a weekend of D&D, Naval War (for breaks), copious amounts of beer, and a trip to a local Indian restaurant for a curry - it's become a tradition now.

Some people here need to lighten up and stop caring 'what other people think' and just do whatever it is that you fancy doing! Clearly if you played D&D 24/7 you'd be a douchebag loser - but playing it semi regularly isn't going to suddenly make you repellent to women...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                            I was thinking about the actual name of the game itself. All I remember was that it required people to paint and glue tanks, fantasy figurines, and create landscapes. Every once in a while you could find people playing tournaments at the mall.
                            There were many games in the miniatures genre. Yes, warhammer was one. Jutland was a naval game that could use miniatures. Actually the original rules for D&D included measurements for use with Miniatures.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher View Post
                              I'm going to say I Googled it, and hope you believe me.
                              Don't worry, you're cool.

Comment

• The DnD crowd was at least a social crowd. I didn't have one (for war games in the 90s). I think I played A&A once with an older retired sub/ex military man. I convinced my brothers to play a bit (but they mostly weren't up to it, I would make up games that were more interesting to them... but they quit being interested in that too). I played the most with my uncle, who introduced me to them (he lived 5+ hours away, we played rarely).

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X