No announcement yet.

Windows 7 rules all, period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The compatibility question is interesting. Most compatibility problems are caused by the application/driver interacting with Windows incorrectly (viz by not using the API according to Microsoft's documentation). Occasionally Microsoft will actually leave a bug in the Windows code if fixing it would break compatibility with a popular application that relies on the bug to work. If the application isn't popular enough to be a special case, and if it relies on bugs or undocumented features, and if the bugs are fixed or the features are removed/changed, that's where compatibility problems come from. It's also why so much of the Windows API is a redundant mess: it has to conform precisely to the documented API from 20 years ago, or else old applications will not be compatible.

SP
      I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

And it's why any devs worth their salt write to .NET for Windows apps.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My only complaint about Win98 running on Virtual PC inside Vista is that drag-and-drop doesn't seem to work for transferring files from Vista to Win98, so I wind up having to put everything into .iso's, mount the .iso's in Win98, and copy the contents. It's possible that I've just got something configured wrong that's preventing a drag-and-drop, but it's not a big enough inconvenience for me to try to figure out what's wrong (the files are almost all under 100K which takes next to no time to process in imgburn).

Speaking of which, today I was converting some wonky cd image format into a .iso so I could mount it in Virtual PC, and in so doing I shrank the image from 700MB to 250MB - whoever had ripped the image had also ripped several hundred megabytes of blank CD. A liberal arts major, no doubt.
          Last edited by loinburger; November 30, 2009, 01:08.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

not that I pay much attention and remain largely computer illiterate but this seems like the first time people had good things to say about a new microsoft os

Comment

And as always, Ben is on the opposite side of the rest of the world.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Did you ever use ME? I did. ME is the sole reason that I will always drag my feet on upgrading OS.
                95, OK. 98, swinging. ME, **** me running. Blue screen of death city.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hmmm?

I loved XP, and I like Vista. I understand that most mac users didn't like Vista, but that's a given.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Neither XP nor Vista were particularly well received when they launched.

SP
                    I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Vista still isn't.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Fve Crathva View Post
                        Neither XP nor Vista were particularly well received when they launched.

SP
                        Which is somewhat amusing (XP wise) because so many people were saying why should I upgrade to Vista when XP runs perfectly.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                          Vista still isn't.
                          Sure it is, they just renamed it while XP got the benefits of service packs to the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            Hmmm?

I loved XP, and I like Vista. I understand that most mac users didn't like Vista, but that's a given.
                            Why am I not surprised you cannot comprehend the simple point?

XP and Vista were not all received when they launched. You like them.

Windows 7 is universally loved at launch. You don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Trolls always are.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ben, you should listen to Asher & co here. Vicky runs well btw, I play it regulary.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X