No announcement yet.

Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's clear is Abbott hates marriage and God so much, he's trying to turn Texas into the Devil's playground. I admit Texas is probably the easiest place to start for such an attempt... outside New Jersey, of course.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It's ironic that the people who only want to read the "The right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed" without acknowledging the part about "as part of a well regulated state militia" are now saying they want to read a whole amendment and not just part of it. Gee, how convenient.
      VT has an amendment that makes it mandatory for young men between the ages of 15-45 to have the necessary particulars for militia service, and that includes a firearm.

Are you saying, you'd prefer gun ownership to be mandatory?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Notice how they always ignore the middle part and all the commas? So there is precedence for open interpritation depending on how the judges want to view things.
      Where on earth do we ignore the middle part? Shall not be infringed, is that so hard to get? Everywhere the right is infringed upon, a right, btw, we do not possess here in Canada.

The argument and the current interpretation by the SCOTUS, is that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" in and of itself, procures the desired militia necessary to the security of a free state. This isn't a difficult argument, Oerdin.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Take that Marriage.

Comment

Only a complete idiot reads that as not recognizing marriage. Oh, wait, she's a Democrat so that goes without saying.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
          X