Republicans say the darndest things! Or rather, the DUMBEST things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans say the darndest things! Or rather, the DUMBEST things

Ah, Colorado Springs (hi uncle!) Republican State Senator David Schultheis. I don't know which is more idiotic - his beliefs, or that he thinks his beliefs are rationally defensible.

First, there was this:

Sexual promiscuity, we know, causes a lot of problems in our state, one of which, obviously, is the contraction of HIV. And we have other programs that deal with the negative consequences — we put up part of our high schools where we allow students maybe 13 years old who put their child in a small daycare center there.

We do things continually to remove the negative consequences that take place from poor behavior and unacceptable behavior, quite frankly, and I don’t think that’s the role of this body.

As a result of that I finally came to the conclusion I would have to be a no vote on this because this stems from sexual promiscuity for the most part, and I just can’t vote on this bill and I wanted to explain to this body why I was going to be a no vote on this.
    Democrats were outraged Wednesday morning when Republican state Sen. Dave Schultheis said he planned to vote against a bill to require HIV tests for pregnant women because the disease "stems from sexual promiscuity" and he didn't think the Legislature should "remove the negative consequences that take place from poor behavior and unacceptable behavior." The Colorado Springs lawmaker then proceeded to cast the lone vote against SB-179, which passed 32-1 and moves on to the House. UPDATE: Schultheis restates his opposition to the bill by claiming HIV babies are punishment for promiscuous moms.

For those too lazy: Pregnant women are whores, and if you get HIV you probably got it from whoring, and we need to punish whores, so I vote no to offering free testing to see if the fetus is HIV-positive (BTW, this guy's "pro-life").

When called on his idiocy, he gives an even more idiotic defense:

“What I’m hoping is that, yes, that person may have AIDS, have it seriously as a baby and when they grow up, but the mother will begin to feel guilt as a result of that,” he said. “The family will see the negative consequences of that promiscuity and it may make a number of people over the coming years begin to realize that there are negative consequences and maybe they should adjust their behavior.”
    THAT'S RIGHT, HE THINKS THE WHORES DESERVE HIV+ BABIES - HE'S EVEN HOPING FOR IT!

Well, that was back in February. What has Senator (a majority of people voted for this wacko?!) Crazy Dave said - through Twitter - this time to bring his dumbass into the spotlight?

Don't for a second ,think Obama wants what is best for U.S. He is flying the U.S. Plane right into the ground at full speed. Let's Roll
    Obama = Terrorist. Americans elected someone who is bent on destroying America. Oh, and Let's Roll - I'm sure those aboard Flight 93 would be thrilled you're using their deaths to analogize attacking an American President.

Of course, everyone including the minority leader in the State Senate rebuked him. But does he apologize? Of course not - he's a Republican! The READERS were wrong!

"'Let's roll.' It's a comment people use all the time any more. 'Let's get going. Let's move on. Let's make major changes.' I can see it now. But, you're busy doing jillions of things during the day. You sometimes don't analyze every single word."
    See? He wasn't comparing Obama to the 9/11 hijackers. People use this all the time any more!

When talking about the President. And saying he's destroying the country. And using plane-intentionally-flown-into-ground imagery.

I just don't get Republicans. I don't think I ever will. And remember, sane Republicans - these are the crazies, like Doug Hoffman and Sarah Palin, who are taking over your party.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Can't say I'm surprised.

Look at my signature.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Those quotes in your sig are pretty creepy. I can easily understand how MikeH mistook my thread on the Ben Roethlisberger rape allegations for Ben.

Comment

For those too lazy: Pregnant women are whores, and if you get HIV you probably got it from whoring, and we need to punish whores, so I vote no to offering free testing to see if the fetus is HIV-positive (BTW, this guy's "pro-life").
        What, you'd rather he was truthful and said that sodomy was the most likely transmission vector for HIV?

I disagree with him on anyone 'deserving' HIV, but you have to admit, that you only catch HIV through actions which you consent. This is different from most diseases. He's right that promiscuity significantly ups your risk of catching HIV.

As for the Obama comment, so far he's treated the Ft Hood murderer with kid gloves. Is he willing to execute a fellow Muslim? We shall see.

Doug Hoffman and Sarah Palin, who are taking over your party.
        Man, what a drive by smear. Does Sarah Palin scare you?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          As for the Obama comment, so far he's treated the Ft Hood murderer with kid gloves. Is he willing to execute a fellow Muslim? We shall see.
          Wow...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Why do you quote him?

I felt a stabbing pain in my left eye when I read that. I think my brain was trying to prevent me from seeing **** that stupid.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's like a trainwreck, etc.

Comment

I especially like the "kid gloves" part. What's he supposed to do, go to Texas and punch the guy while he lies in the hospital?
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Repulicans say the dumbest things.

Comment

TBH, that would be pretty awesome.

xpost

Comment

That is true.

I'd love to see the post-punch news conference.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        What, you'd rather he was truthful and said that sodomy was the most likely transmission vector for HIV?

I disagree with him on anyone 'deserving' HIV, but you have to admit, that you only catch HIV through actions which you consent. This is different from most diseases. He's right that promiscuity significantly ups your risk of catching HIV.
                        I am again overwhelmed by your newfound faith in Christianity.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

you only catch HIV through actions which you consent.
                          So you think babies born with HIV consent?

Comment

Well, you also only catch a cold by consenting to be around other people...
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What's Ben's view on rape again? Particular rape committed by someone with HIV. Is it consensual? (i.e asking for it)
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X