No announcement yet.

The Power of Prayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, it must really suck to be as uncaring as you. I'll be thinking of you.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

ZING!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Opened this thread intending to finally reply. Too much ignorance going on, so screw it. May BK choose to inflict himself upon you all.
        Prayer is important to me, any addition to the conversation would be welcome.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Prayer really isn't to me but I've had a few friends that have passed and often I think of them and when I do I usually offer up something that's close to a prayer in their memory.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            Prayer is important to me, any addition to the conversation would be welcome.

JM
            And regardless of Floyd's trolling OP, I actually would be interested to read some actual civil discussion on this.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Do you want civil or sane? BK can't do both.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

BK hasn't posted in this thread
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

JM (whom you quoted) was referring to BK.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

No! I was not!

I was referring to Elok.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

And conflating Elok with BK is a serious party foul, dude.

Comment

Elok finishes with:

"May BK choose to inflict himself upon you all."

JM follows with:

"Prayer is important to me, any addition to the conversation would be welcome."

If JM was referring to Elok, fair enough. I most humbly apologize, but I think the mistake was reasonable.

Comment

I do think JM was more responding to Elok's "Opened this thread intending to finally reply. Too much ignorance going on, so screw it." than the curse he issued upon us all .

Comment

So we are in agreement then? "Sane" and BK" don't belong in the same sentence?

Comment

Well that's a no brainer!

Comment

I feel like I would be insulting the others if I participated in a ritual that I have no belief in whatsoever.
                                Guy, please don't feel that way. This is like being asked to share dinner with a family. They think highly of you if they ask you to pray for them. Take it as a compliment.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X