Religion thread Zaku DL vs Ben Kenobi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion thread Zaku DL vs Ben Kenobi

"Or that I know more about religion and god than Ben even with me being an agnostic-atheist?"

I started this thread so we could have a Q+A.

Do you accept the challenge, zakuDL?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Use my proper name, dammit.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

This strikes me as a silly idea for a thread, as neither of the contestants/debaters are capable of admitting to being wrong. You would both need to submit to the judgment of an arbiter or panel of arbiters to determine the winner, and there's not a snowball's chance in hell of that ever happening.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Who says I would not be willing to do so? If ZakuDL is up for it, I'm all for it. Let Poly decide.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Well, I guess that Wezil, Asher and I could be a fair and unbiased tribunal
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Fortunately I'd say the probability is high that anybody biased against BK is also biased against zakuDL and vice versa. I still say it's an exercise in futility, though, because any arbitration agreement will remain undisputed only until somebody has the arbiters rule against them.

Comment

Hence the reason for this thread. I found it rather amusing that ZakuDL calls me a religious authority. I've spent more years as an agnostic than I ever have as a Christian.

Comment

Waitaminute... you're challenging zakuDL to a contest/debate in order to prove that you don't know anything about religion? I really doubt that's necessary, we could put the matter to a vote right now if you like.

Comment

and you were more fun back then

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    I hope that was an x-post

Comment

You didn't know me back then. It was before I posted here.

Comment

It's not a difficult assumption to make.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I had a comprehensive Catholic education, but am no longer a believer (not sure I ever was, but I made it to uni, so the schools were great. ).

Can I be an arbitrator?

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Jog my memory here. Is pride still a deadly sin?
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X