No announcement yet.

CanPol - Alberta edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, because introducing unnecessary uncertainty into the mix is the best way for Albertans to get the most mileage out of their resources.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Oh, please.

There was a review of royalties. The scheme was adjusted to account for prices of commodities that were not anticipated when the existing scheme was developed and changing viablity of our products. The adjustments were made after consultations with industry and other interested parties and after study of what is done abroad.

There is no uncertainty. What there is is a global recession following instability in financial markets.

Next I'm going to be told that Stelmach killed BS and LB.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• re changing viablity of our products.

Natural gas has been the majority of revenue for the province for a long while, maybe even before the turn down in conventional oil.

The market for natural gas has had the crap kicked out of it by technological advances in recovery methods and the ability to exploit pockets in the US.

Meanwhile, the province had been paying for all the infrastructure and other costs of a boom for oilsands out of royalties from natural gas. Poof. The cash from gas is going, going, gone.

Heavy oil is going to have to pay for itself from here on out after having 40 years to mature. Again, poor babies.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• You're hopeless, NYE.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• If you can't tell the difference between Russia, Venezuala, and Alberta, you are the one without hope.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

• If you can't tell the difference between "the political risk premium is obviously lower in Alberta than in Venezuela" and "the political risk premium is non-existent in Alberta" then YOU'RE the ****.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Seriously, is there some sort of short-circuit in people's heads which renders them incapable of anything other than "either-or" reasoning?
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                  If you can't tell the difference between "the political risk premium is obviously lower in Alberta than in Venezuela" and "the political risk premium is non-existent in Alberta" then YOU'RE the ****.

Yeah, right.

If oil gets to $120 we want $48.

We're monsters.

You know, for someone so clever you're really very stupid.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

You're hopeless, NYE.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Seriously, is there some sort of short-circuit in people's heads which renders them incapable of anything other than "either-or" reasoning?

Perhaps you could point us to the jurisdiction with zero 'risk'?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Simply repeating it does not help.

Your ignorance is not remedied.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• You're beyond help, sweetheart.

That's why I've begun repeating myself.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• This is like a game of "how many logical fallacies can NYE engage in". By my count you're at 3 so far.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Dude, your gedanken experiment of what might be is not that fascinating.

Why do the birds not **** bees?

Well, I donno. I suppose because they don't.

No need to be rude about it.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

This is like a game of "how many logical fallacies can NYE engage in". By my count you're at 3 so far.

I'm not discussing your theories of how things might be.

I am discussing what is.

If you have something to offer, feel free to offer it.

Oh, and yes, I realise that changing royalty regimes is less than perfectly stable. I also realise that the GoA had no choice as one of the legs of the stool (the biggest one) has been kicked out.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X