No announcement yet.

Gay activists to set up Stockyards kissing booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean... you tried to weasel out of what you said?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      As happens a lot with you, Asher, you're misinterpreting what he's saying because you're too emotionally invested in the issue. It's pretty clear that Patroklos isn't bigoted against gays, that he doesn't want to repress them, and that he's perfectly fine with them living their lives as they choose. He simply believes that there are better ways to gain acceptance than through flamboyant public displays.
      Look at those statements I quoted and tell me they are reasonable. You're avoiding the question.

I'm not objecting to the point that there are better ways to gain acceptance than through flamboyant public displays. You're not reading the thread clearly.

I'm objecting to a lot of his characterizations about the participants of such parades, and I'm objecting to his assertions that minorities should act like their oppressors to gain rights.

None of those are reasonable. Some of them are downright offensive.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
        I did it in the context of discussing gay pride events that are used to gain acceptance and advance the cause of gay rights, which is of course what the OP is about, which requires the convincing of voters. When MRT pointed out that the context could be lost for dim readers, I made a very clear post as to what exactly I was saying.

This, BTW, all transpired before Asher got his panties in a wod. So in other words, all his outrage is manufactured for his own perverse consumption.
        You're trying to downplay your stupidity, and I won't let that happen.

You still refuse to comprehend the concept of a universal qualifier. You're now trying to add exceptions to it. Do you seriously not comprehend what a universal qualifier is? You have the balls to call people who DO know what a universal qualifier is to be a "dim reader"? Get ****ed.

You said something that was unambiguous and literally qualified with the word "universally". You are now trying to weasel out of it while simultaneously anyone who did comprehend what you wrote as "dim".

This would be objectionable but it's far from the most objectionable thing you've said in this thread.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You mean... you tried to weasel out of what you said?
          No. between my original comment and the clarification there is exactly one response in relation to it (that I saw before responding anyway) and it was MRTs very reasonably request for clarification. Asher's and Mr. Fun's comments were irrelevant to the debate anyway.

There was nothing to "weasel" out of then and there is nothing to weasel out of now. My position was clear, logically consistant, and well articulated before Asher went all Asher.

For who? The gays enjoy them.
          A very simple and reasonable question, which I then answered.

All of Asher's ranting transpire after this very simple and reasoned discussion. He has no excuse to labor under any misconception as to what I meant besides his unavoidably self destructive habit to act like an ass to anyone he has prejugdged.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

No. between my original comment and the clarification there is exactly one response in relation to it (that I before responding anyway) and it was MRTs very reasonably request for clarification:

A very simple and reasonable question, which I then answered.

All of Asher's ranting transpire after this very simple and reasoned discussion. He has no excuse to labor under any misconception as to what I meant besides his unavoidably self destructive habit to act like an ass to anyone he has prejugdged.
            Why the **** do you keep fixating on that one comment? It was stupid and I enjoy seeing you try to back out of it while insulting everyone for being smarter than you, but if you'll look that's not what set me off.

THIS is the line that set me off, and it is FAR from a reasoned comment:
            The best way to change perceptions of people's minds is for any oppressed minority to live their life as everyone else does.

It's ****ing offensive.

Comment

I'm objecting to a lot of his characterizations about the participants of such parades, and I'm objecting to his assertions that minorities should act like their oppressors to gain rights.
              We are still waiting for you to quote where anyone did either of the above. What is taking you so long

[quote]You're trying to downplay your stupidity, and I won't let that happen.[/quite]

Asher = Irony.

There are few monuments to stupidy greater than Asher "debating."
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I've quoted it many times:
                The best way to change perceptions of people's minds is for any oppressed minority to live their life as everyone else does.

Comment

You still refuse to comprehend the concept of a universal qualifier. You're now trying to add exceptions to it. Do you seriously not comprehend what a universal qualifier is? You have the balls to call people who DO know what a universal qualifier is to be a "dim reader"? Get ****ed.

We are talking about flamboyant gay events used to advance the cause of gays. Thats what we were talking about, the ENTIRE thread is about this. I have admitted, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, that I had to clarify my statement because people were not getting what I wanted to say. I clarified, BEFORE all of your crazy antics, the statment so you know exactly what I was talking about. THAT statement Asher is all that matters. That is my position. Period. Everything you are objecting to is a figment of your imagination. As usual.

Comment

When did I say it could not be used to describe to describe gay pride events? What you are missing is the very next sentance where I make it evident that I am talking about just flamboyant gay pride events (ie not all gay pride events are flamboyant) and specifically flamboyant events with the goal of that expressed in the OP.

You are the one assuming I some how extrapolated it to all gay pride events despit laguage specifically selected to make such an interpretation impossible once MRT made it clear to me I would have to qualify.

This is very simply Mr. Fun. Events that are flamboyant or exhibitionist in general usually don’t help a cause (see the examples I mentioned). The event in the OP is such an event, and it is probably going to backfire in its intention “to get the message across” that gays deserve the same rights as straights.

Exactly, and given the way I was using WTF is your problem with it?

You could just be innocently dim I suppose, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.
                    1) I never said/thought you were saying that the word "flamboyant" cannot be used to describe gay pride events or gay people.

2) I appreciate that you are trying to distinguish flamboyant types of gay pride events from others. I also understand that you believe that flamboyancy of any event for any other activist group can be self-defeating - not just for gay pride events. BUT, you seem to overplay the flamboyancy of gay pride events - those who do not understand that at such festivities (including others like Mardi Gras) that many people want to let loose for a couple days and celebrate care-free, are probably too uptight and straight-laced; I wouldn't want to hang out with those people.

3) I'm neither "feigning" indignancy nor being dim-witted. Throwing insults like these do not win your arguments - and mind you, even as you have done so, I've done my best to refrain from throwing insults back at you. You've made same attacks on Asher - who are you to say how others feel or what they are thinking? Asher probably is sincerely angered by your remarks, and you're perverting his genuine feelings as if he's playing some kind of power game here.

And just to be clear, I don't think you're homophobic, but you definitely have a habit of making insensitive remarks about something that you could try harder to understand before you discuss it with others.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I am not sure if your refusal to comprehend is because you are pathetic, stupid, or both. I leaning towards both.

Comment

We are talking about flamboyant gay events used to advance the cause of gays. Thats what we were talking about, the ENTIRE thread is about this. I have admitted, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, that I had to clarify my statement because people were not getting what I wanted to say.
                        Look, man up and admit you misspoke. Don't blame other people for reading what you write as you wrote it, and certainly don't insult them because you ****ed up.

What you said is this:
                        And you wonder why gay pride parades universally backfire

There is NO context in the world that would un-do the universal qualifier in that sentence. It doesn't matter WHAT the **** you are talking about. Your statement clearly says GAY PRIDE PARADES UNIVERSALLY BACKFIRE. The existence of kissing booths does not impact this statement.

Holy ****, you can't be this stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          Wow, this is one of the most reasonable points I've ever seen Patroklos attempt to make, and people are still going ape**** on him. Let's calm things down, folks.
                          I don't think I've gone ape**** on Patty. I think I've done a fairly good job here in being civil while making my arguments.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

2) I appreciate that you are trying to distinguish flamboyant types of gay pride events from others. I also understand that you believe that flamboyancy of any event for any other activist group can be self-defeating - not just for gay pride events. BUT, you seem to overplay the flamboyancy of gay pride events - those who do not understand that at such festivities (including others like Mardi Gras) that many people want to let loose for a couple days and celebrate care-free, are probably too uptight and straight-laced; I wouldn't want to hang out with those people.
                            However, those are exactly the type of people whose votes you need to get your rights packages through legeslatures, which is the goal is it not?

3) I'm neither "feigning" indignancy nor being dim-witted. Throwing insults like these do not win your arguments - and mind you, even as you have done so, I've done my best to refrain from throwing insults back at you. You've made same attacks on Asher - who are you to say how others feel or what they are thinking? Asher probably is sincerely angered by your remarks, and you're perverting his genuine feelings as if he's playing some kind of power game here.
                            Hello, welcome to Apolyton. There is an ass hole here named Asher who is a retarded troll, but a horribly bad and unsuccessful one. You obviously haven't met him before.

Comment

I am not sure if your refusal to comprehend is because you are pathetic, stupid, or both. I leaning towards both.
                              This apparently isn't the first time in this thread you cannot even comprehend your own words.

What else could this possibly mean? There's no other reasonable interpretation for this sentence.

If you didn't mean that a minority should live their life like the majority to change perceptions, then you shouldn't have said it. Don't blame me, again, for your failings with the English language.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                                I don't think I've gone ape**** on Patty.
                                You really should. You can't have reasonable conversations with people like Patty who can't comprehend what they write themselves, let alone what other people write.

Comment

Working...
                                X