No announcement yet.

Gay activists to set up Stockyards kissing booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I haven't lost ALL faith in the good of humanity yet, Asher. Maybe that's a weakness I have?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Look, man up and admit you misspoke. Don't blame other people for reading what you write as you wrote it, and certainly don't insult them because you ****ed up.

What you said is this:
      And you wonder why gay pride parades universally backfire

There is NO context in the world that would un-do the universal qualifier in that sentence. It doesn't matter WHAT the **** you are talking about. Your statement clearly says GAY PRIDE PARADES UNIVERSALLY BACKFIRE. The existence of kissing booths does not impact this statement.

Holy ****, you can't be this stupid.

I did not mispeak Asher, but I understand why people might not understand my position, which is why I clarified it for MRT. Note, I clarified it BEFORE your BS.

Your problem Asher, is all your stuidity transpired after it was clarrified. You have literally no reason to labor under you retarded assumptions other than you being a moron. Face it, you didn't react to what I said but who said it, and the complete boot stomping you have recieved in this thread transpired.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The best way to change perceptions of people's minds is for any oppressed minority to live their life as everyone else does.

This isn't offensive. What he's saying is that if oppressed minorities go about living their lives as they please, then what differentiates them from the majority will eventually become accepted.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You're incredible. You're still trying to pretend that your sentence did not contain a universal qualifier.

This is basic ****.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            This isn't offensive. What he's saying is that if oppressed minorities go about living their lives as they please, then what differentiates them from the majority will eventually become accepted.
            If he was saying that, why all the vitriol about flamboyant drag queens? That's people living their life as they please and he has a problem with it and thinks it's hurting the gay rights movement. He clearly doesn't think they should live their lives as they please.

His sentence structure sucks, so let's make it simpler:
            "everyone else" refers to the majority, in contrast to the subject (the minority).
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
              However, those are exactly the type of people whose votes you need to get your rights packages through legeslatures, which is the goal is it not?
              And gay pride events are NOT the only means through which we are advocating for passage of such legislation by "straight-laced" people. We have our own lobbyist groups/individuals who are working hard year-round. We also have openly gay and lesbian politicians at all levels of government (city, county, state, federal) who are helping our cause.

If these "straight-laced" people though are offended by gay pride events, I would think that many of those people need to open their minds more to the diversity of people. They should also learn a thing or two about partying and enjoying themselves.
              Last edited by MrFun; October 15, 2009, 14:52.

Comment

What else could this possibly mean? There's no other reasonable interpretation for this sentence.
                Yes, there is, its the one I gave you already, the one you gave is not reasonable.

Asher, there is not a thread where you have pulled this **** where you haven't ended up running away crying. This thread has failed to buck the trend. Do yourself a favor and recognize when you are just an angsty laughing stalk.

Can you even tell us what your position is in this thread?
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                  Yes, there is, its the one I gave you already, the one you gave is not reasonable.

Asher, there is not a thread where you have pulled this **** where you haven't ended up running away crying. This thread has failed to buck the trend. Do yourself a favor and recognize when you are just an angsty laughing stalk.
                  You're delusional. You've made many profoundly stupid statements in this thread and are still trying to weasel out of them even though there's no room to do so. To confound matters you seem to think this constitutes a "boot stomping".

Your problem is your language skills, Patty. Your sentences are frequently ambiguous at best, and completely retarded at times. Then you lack the insight to comprehend why other people can so frequently "misunderstand" you.

Can you even tell us what your position is in this thread?
                  In which subject? In the kissing booth, I'm indifferent. In the matter of gay pride parades, I support them -- let people live their lives as they please, right?

Comment

If he was saying that, why all the vitriol about flamboyant drag queens? That's people living their life as they please and he has a problem with it and thinks it's hurting the gay rights movement. He clearly doesn't think they should live their lives as they please.
                    Yes, it is definetly pathetic and stupid

Asher, are most gays drag queens or just regular people of no relevent differentiation from everyone else? Just normal people pursuing their own goals, living their own dreams, going to work/church/school/games/stores/whatever? Lets assume you are not pathetic and stupid for a second and pick the second. That being the case, why the hell is it a good thing if drag queens and other flamboyant types hog the public perception?
                    Last edited by Patroklos; October 15, 2009, 14:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                      And gay pride events are the only the only means through which we are advocating for passage of such legislation by "straight-laced" people. We have our own lobbyist groups/individuals who are working hard year-round. We also have openly gay and lesbian politicians at all levels of government (city, county, state, federal) who are helping our cause.
                      No, which is obvious since I advocated another means myself.

If these "straight-laced" people though are offended by gay pride events, I would think that many of those people need to open their minds more to the diversity of people. They should also learn a thing or two about partying and enjoying themselves.
                      Thats the thing Mr. Fun. They might not be offended by gay pride, they are offended by flamboyant/exhibitionist displays. If you are trying to convince people of something the way to go about it is not to bombard them with something they are going to hate regardless of where it comes from. Thats starting off on the wrong foot, and makes them less likely to care about what you have to say regardless of what it is. This is basic salesmenship.

Comment

• Your problem is your language skills, Patty. Your sentences are frequently ambiguous at best, and completely retarded at times. Then you lack the insight to comprehend why other people can so frequently "misunderstand" you.
                        The problem is you Asher. My statments are only ambiguous because you are reading them with the intent on superimposing a figment of your imagination that constitutes what you think I would say. Anyone reading them from an objective standpoint does not come to the same conclusions you do.

Case in point, you are hung up on some irrelevant usage of the word universal despite the fact that that statment is entirely unimportant, the clarification was made for the express purpose of using that to interpret my point instead of the original statment.

But you can't handle that, because that means you would have to accept what my actual position is, so you still doggedly, pathetically, hang on to a previous statment that has no impact on the discussion any longer.

It really is a pathetic exercise on your part.

Comment

• I don't want straight people telling gay people how they should party/celebrate. And these "straight-laced" people such as the moral, upright Mark Sanford who find the party/festive side of gay pride events because they do not understand the appeal are ignoring the other part of gay pride events - the civil rights activism and the more serious/thought provoking demonstrations.

They only want to see what they want to see - so if they have the mindset that gay people are "icky" they will only focus on the sadomachostics, shocking drag queens, and so on. What you're basically saying is that gay people should advocate for equal rights but they should not have fun or celebrate the way they want to because god forbid that those who have fun the way they want to have fun should offend the sensibilities of boring, suburban, white-bread families with two and half children, a pet dog, and a white picket fence around their home.

Comment

• Oh, and I meant "gay pride events are NOT the only means" in my earlier post. Note that I editted that post accordingly.

Comment

• I don't want straight people telling gay people how they should party/celebrate. And these "straight-laced" people such as the moral, upright Mark Sanford who find the party/festive side of gay pride events because they do not understand the appeal are ignoring the other part of gay pride events - the civil rights activism and the more serious/thought provoking demonstrations.
                              1.) My position has nothing to do with how you celebrate, it has to do with how you convice people to believe in your cause. They are two seperate things.

2.) You are assuming all gay people like being associated with the flamboyant side of things. It is really no different than me not liking to be associated with those stupid tea party signs but its their right to wave them, they do share a select few of my political positions, and thus I am stuck with them. My only recourse is to either reign them it, convince people to look beyond the sign waving crazies, or to simply spend the time explaining things to them myself. But regardless there is no denying that the sign waving crazies make my job a lot harder, just like Code Pink did to the anti war people and Westboro Baptist Church does to other Christians.

They only want to see what they want to see - so if they have the mindset that gay people are "icky" they will only focus on the sadomachostics, shocking drag queens, and so on. What you're basically saying is that gay people should advocate for equal rights but they should not have fun or celebrate the way they want to because god forbid that those who have fun the way they want to have fun should offend the sensibilities of boring, suburban, white-bread families with two and half children, a pet dog, and a white picket fence around their home.
                              If you are actually putting those types in front of them then why would they not focus on them? If that is the image being protrayed to them in their limited experiance with homosexuality (whether it be unintentional, intentional, or maliciously so in the case of some churches), you need to combat that. That is not the same as deny outright, the flamboyant types are gays as well and need to be included in the fight for equal rights, but you also need to play your strong cards. Flamboyant types are not just fighting against perceptions against gays, but perceptions against flamboyancy too.

In fact fighting for the acceptance of cross dressing is all fine and good for both straights and gays, but it is not really a part of the gay rights fight. I would say thats their own additional burden to address on their own time. So don't let your opponents use that as pick. A lit of lefties spend a lot of time keeping their starry eyed hippy crazies from ruining their public perception and a lot of conservatives spend a lot of time keeping uptight bible quoters from ruinning their publuc perception (failing for the most part), it really is no different. Yeah, you really might agree with them for the most part and support them, but they are still a little too far out there to be relied on to advance the cause in the public limelight.
                              Last edited by Patroklos; October 15, 2009, 15:20.

Comment

• Oh, and I meant "gay pride events are NOT the only means" in my earlier post. Note that I editted that post accordingly.
                                Yeah, I know. I am advocating one of those other means.

Comment

Working...
                                X