Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
    Did I say that?
    What does your reply mean then? Non drag gay people enjoy gay pride parades (not all of course, but seriously, are you that much of a pedant douchebag?).
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

But your description of gay pride parades/events as being "flamboyant asshattery" is really offensive and filled with bull****. As Asher has already pointed out in response to your snide remarks about gay pride events, the events make up a much more diverse people than what you acknowledge. Examples include gay and lesbian veterans in military, police departments, fire departments, PFLAG members, and so on - many of whom do not fit the "flamboyant, asshattery" stereotype and yet they all participate in gay pride events.
      It would be beneficial if you would respond to what I say as opposed to whatever figment of your imagination you invent in place of what I say so you can feign indignation.

What was actually said:

(I am talking about the flamboyant SF type ones, normal rights marches are another thing)
      Nothing about flamboyant is directly related to homosexuality except in your own mind. Birhter/Tea Party/Anarchist/Truthers/Code Pink are all equally flamboyant in their demostrations at times are in each instance that asshatery is usually self defeating to their cause.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Did I say that?

Considering I specifically said all gay pride parades are not, you must just be a ****ing ****** (as per normal). However, the one in the OP is obviously exhibitionist, so my characterization is appropriate.
        Don't call me a ****** when everyone who is reading your post is reading the same thing. You're dramatically overplaying certain aspects and I'm calling you out on it.

Yet who are the loudest voices?
        There are no loudest voices. Maybe your eyes gravitate towards drag queens, but that's your kink, not mine.

Everything I said is perfectly logical and in the end exactly how every other minority groop has accompished integration when successful.
        So you think black people accomplished integration by copying white people?

Can you state that explicitly because that's precisely what you are implying.

If that is more important to you than actually achieving the societal accpetance and integration that is the core of your movement, so be it.
        Look around you. I can legally marry my partner in this country, and soon to be in yours too. Gays are increasingly becoming accepted socially and politically. It's trending towards acceptance, and the opinions you echo are echoing towards obsolescence.

Maybe you're just out of touch.

BTW, I find it highly ironic that you talk about how to achieve equal rights while you have demonstrated yourself to be the only bigot in the thread. Congratulations.
        How the **** am I the bigot when you're the one telling gay people to act like straight people?

Totally ****ing clueless.

And thus you miss the point, because you are bieng judged.
        The people who watch gay pride parades to judge the participants are pretty damn pathetic.

You have your messages mixed up, and because you are such a bigot you can't accept the fact that what I am pointing out to you is more than valid.
        How the hell can you seriously call me a bigot in this thread?

What is wrong with you?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What does your reply mean then? Non drag gay people enjoy gay pride parades (not all of course, but seriously, are you that much of a pedant douchebag?).
          1.) Not all gay pride parades are in the category I am critisizing.

2.) I made no comment on gay events created for self consumption. The one in the Stockyards was organized for the specific purpose of confronting opponents. The target audience is not people "going to gay pride" parades but rather a group of people with no intention of attending one who are going to be forced to address it unexpectedly. Its a poke in the eye to a percieved hostile audience. Thats all well and good, but you are not convincing anyone that way.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Just how many ****ing gay pride parades have you watched completely, Patty?

You're making a lot of claims here. They're all nonsense.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

2.) I made no comment on gay events created for self consumption. The one in the Stockyards was organized for the specific purpose of confronting opponents. The target audience is not people "going to gay pride" parades but rather a group of people with no intention of attending one who are going to be forced to address it unexpectedly. Its a poke in the eye to a percieved hostile audience. Thats all well and good, but you are not convincing anyone that way.
              You said that gay pride parades universally backfire? Are gay pride parades for gays not included in the universe?
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                You said that gay pride parades universally backfire? Are gay pride parades for gays not included in the universe?
                He's being incredible right now. He quite literally used the word "universal" so there's no doubt his intention was to universally qualify gay pride parades.

Keep digging, Patty. Why don't you call me a bigot one more time, too.

Comment

Don't call me a ****** when everyone who is reading your post is reading the same thing. You're dramatically overplaying certain aspects and I'm calling you out on it.
                  No, you are simply a bigot who can not grasp the fact that maybe I am not saying what your small mind assumed I was saying.

This is a common problem with you.

There are no loudest voices. Maybe your eyes gravitate towards drag queens, but that's your kink, not mine.
                  Ah, so you are retarded. Since you are obviously too intellectually dishonest to admit the obvious, we can try this with another goup.

Why are the only protesters at G20 events we see on television the ones burning cars and attacking cops despite them being only a small percentage of the group? '

Why are tea party protesters identified with a handful of signs despite the fact that those carrying them make up only a small percentage of the entire group?

Why are welfare recipients routinely portrayed as lazy drug addicts despite this making up only a small percentage of the group?

So you think black people accomplished integration by copying white people?

Can you state that explicitly because that's precisely what you are implying.
                  No, its not. It is an insanely transparent strawman that you have to create because your mind can't get around the fact that your bigoted knee jerk reaction to what I said is based on nothing more than your inability to process something obvious from a poster you have preconcieved and unjustified bias against.

Look around you. I can legally marry my partner in this country, and soon to be in yours too. Gays are increasingly becoming accepted socially and politically. It's trending towards acceptance, and the opinions you echo are echoing towards obsolescence.
                  Thats great, and it is being accomplished in the most part by the method I espose.

Please go ahead and tell us these opinions of mine that are nearing obsolenscence. Is it my opinion that gay people by and large have the same core values as myself? That they are perfectly capable of raising children? That they should be allowed to have all the rights and privilages as heterosexual couples? That they should be allowed to serve openly in the military? That drag queen steriotypes are exactly that, and should not be allowed to be perpetuated?

Please, tell me which one of those is obsolete?

How the **** am I the bigot when you're the one telling gay people to act like straight people?

Totally ****ing clueless.
                  Quote me. You know, you are off your game, you are easier to slap down than Oerdin these days.

The people who watch gay pride parades to judge the participants are pretty damn pathetic.
                  Who alluded to such people besides you and MRT? I sure as hell didn't. Feel free to quote me though Oer.. I mean Asher.

How the hell can you seriously call me a bigot in this thread?
                  Because you are one, in so many blatantly obvious ways, but I will just quote you.

"I don't expect a yes-man military ***** to comprehend..."

Oh so easy
                  Last edited by Patroklos; October 15, 2009, 12:26.

Comment

This discussion did not take place in a vacuum, it was prompted by a specific type of event in the OP that was being reference.

I specifically stated that not all gay pride events resemble the on in the OP, and made it clear which type I was refering to. You are correct though, that people like Asher not acutally trying to discuss anything but rather more worried about bashing a percieved enemy because he is an unapologetic bigotry could run with that purposeful misunderstanding despite my clarification via an attempt at adult conversation.

There will always be Ashers out there to ignore, no getting around it.

Comment

Just how many ****ing gay pride parades have you watched completely, Patty?

You're making a lot of claims here. They're all nonsense.
                      I wonder if you imagine your faux outrage has ever served a purpose other than making you look like an inflexible douchbag? Probably.

Comment

This discussion did not take place in a vacuum, it was prompted by a specific type of event in the OP that was being reference.

I specifically stated that not all gay pride events resemble the on in the OP, and made it clear which type I was refering to. Reading, its great!
                        You were the first person to even mention gay pride parades in this thread and I was the first reply to it.

Comment

You were the first person to even mention gay pride parades in this thread and I was the first reply to it.
                          Yes, and when it became obvious to me that you, in an honest response, were taking my comment further than intended I clarified it in no uncertain terms. Polite discussion works even on these boards from time to time.

Comment

No, you are simply a bigot who can not grasp the fact that maybe I am not saying what your small mind assumed I was saying.

This is a common problem with you.
                            How the **** am I being a bigot?

Ah, so you are retarded. Since you are obviously intellectually dishonest to admit the obvious, we can try this with another goup.

Why are the only protesters at G20 events we so on television the ones burning cars and attacking cops despite them being only a small percentage of the group? '

Why are tea party protesters identified with a handful of signs despite the fact that those carrying them make up only a small percentage of the entire group?

Why are welfare recipients routinely portrayed as lazy drug addicts despite this making up only a small percentage of the group?
                            You're moving the goalposts now. Your beef is with selective coverage from journalists, not the events themselves.

You can't call someone intellectually dishonest when you're moving the ****ing goalposts in a discussion.

No, its not. It is an insanely transparent strawman that you have to create because your mind can't get around the fact that your bigoted knee jerk reaction to what I said is based on nothing more than your inability to process something obvious from a poster you have preconcieved and unjustified bias against.
                            Get the **** out of here. It's not a strawman, it's a direct implication of what you said.

This is a direct quote:
                            The best way to change perceptions of people's minds is for any oppressed minority to live their life as everyone else does/they want.

Everything I said is perfectly logical and in the end exactly how every other minority groop has accompished integration when successful.

You just said the best way to "change perceptions of people's minds" (what a mind**** of a statement that is, by the way) is to "live their life as everyone else does". How is this NOT saying that black people "accomplished integration" by living as white people do?

Quote me. You know, you are off your game, you are easier to slap down than Oerdin these days.
                            I just did. Look above.

Who alluded to such people besides you and MRT? I sure as hell didn't.
                            You sure as hell did. If you weren't monumentally ****ing stupid, you'd have been able to read the text above what you wrote here. It showed you making the statement that people are judging those in the parades. In fact, it's a fundamental tenet of your argument for why you think the parades are "backfiring" -- that people see these parades and judge people. So to claim you didn't allude to such people is ridiculous.

Because you are one, in so many blatantly obvious ways, but I will just quote you.

"I don't expect a yes-man military ***** to comprehend..."

Oh so easy
                            Calling you a yes-man military ***** in a thread where you are tooting the horn of conformity makes me a bigot? Are you ****ing serious?

Comment

Yes, and when it became obvious to me that you, in an honest response, were taking my comment further than intended I clarified it in no uncertain terms. Polite discussion works even on these boards from time to time.
                              What is polite about mockingly telling me about the virtue of reading comprehension?

Comment

I specifically stated that not all gay pride events resemble the on in the OP, and made it clear which type I was refering to.
                                You really ought to go back to school and figure out what the word "universally" means. They obviously didn't teach you that.

Comment

Working...
                                X