Gay activists to set up Stockyards kissing booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
    The problem is you Asher. My statments are only ambiguous because you are reading them with the intent on superimposing a figment of your imagination that constitutes what you think I would say.
    Cut the crap. Virtually everyone who read the thread read it other than "how you meant it". That's why you had to repeatedly "clarify".

Problem is you. You're completely delusional as well.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes, it is definetly pathetic and stupid

Asher, are most gays drag queens or just regular people of no relevent differentiation from everyone else? Just normal people pursuing their own goals, living their own dreams, going to work/church/school/games/stores/whatever? Lets assume you are not pathetic and stupid for a second and pick the second. That being the case, why the hell is it a good thing if drag queens and other flamboyant types hog the public perception?
      They hog the public perception because it IS different. Differences SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED. Embrace diversity, for **** sakes.

A society of drones is no society at all. The notion that in order to gain more freedoms people should repress themselves is ****ing ridiculous.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I clarified once, before anyone but MRT cared to challenge me on it. If you insist on using the first statment without the clarification then that is just diliberate ignorance on your part. You were wrong, get over it. I am still waiting for you to tell us which one of those positions I have is obsolete.

And nobody has had the same problem with the same lines as you have. In fact you are the only one that has read them that way in this thread. You are reading racism and bigotry where none exists because you can't handly that your preconcieved opinion of me proved to be nothing but a figment of your imagination.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I clarified once, before anyone but MRT cared to challenge me on it.
          AGAIN. Yes, you clarified, because your statement was WRONG. You misspoke.

I'm just trying to get you to admit that like a man and move on.

My real beef was with your comment AFTER about how minorities should act to change people's minds.

If you insist on using the first statment without the clarification
          All I'm ****ing asking is for you to admit your first statement was a misstatement. You refuse to. It's ridiculous.

And nobody has had the same problem with the same lines as you have.
          You're either lying or incapable of reading what people write in this thread.

Comment

• They hog the public perception because it IS different. Differences SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED. Embrace diversity, for **** sakes.
            Respect for fashion choices is a different fight than gay rights, the two are not at all the same issue and you shouldn't let one get tacked onto the other when it is obviously self defeating.

A society of drones is no society at all. The notion that in order to gain more freedoms people should repress themselves is ****ing ridiculous.
            Thats the point Asher, the vast majority of gays don't have to repress themselves in order to gain more freedoms, the perceptions of gays by straights are WRONG. They are voting and denying you your rights because they are basing their opinion of you on boogey men of their own creation which are in part perpetuated by the foot the gay community puts forward and the foot some put forward for you. So dispell this notion that you holding hands with a guy is something novel by doing it in the course of your normal day as opposed to at a both set up for the express purpose.
            Last edited by Patroklos; October 15, 2009, 15:37.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• All I'm ****ing asking is for you to admit your first statement was a misstatement. You refuse to. It's ridiculous.
              I made no such refusal. The very fact that I voluntarily provided clarification is proof enough that the orignal statment did not say what I wanted it to say. I have said ths EIGHT TIMES NOW!!!

But lets not mistake why you are harping on this. You have retreated to this horribly benign technical point because all your critisism of actual discussion in this thread has yeilded you nothing but egg in the face.

Comment

Respect for fashion choices is a different fight than gay rights
                Drag queens are not about fashion choices. Don't be insultingly dense.

Thats the point Asher, the vast majority of gays don't have to repress themselves in order to gain more freedoms, the perceptions of gays by straights are WRONG. They are voting and denying you your rights not because they are basing their opinion of you on boogey men of their own creation. So dispell this notion that you holding hands with a guy is something novel by doing it in the course of your normal day as opposed to at a both set up for the express purpose.
                Doesn't matter. If straight people today think of gay people only as drag queens and exhibitionists, then that's their own damn problem. That perception is changing on its own, and we don't need to censor pride parades to make it happen.

Comment

I made no such refusal.
                  You've repeatedly said you did not misspeak and the people who "misread" you were "dim". Don't lie.

But lets not mistake why you are harping on this. You have retreated to this horribly benign technical point because all your critisism of actual discussion in this thread has yeilded you nothing but egg in the face.
                  WTF? The whole discussion I've been harping on you for the same thing. It's not a technical thing, you've made many statements I find greatly offensive. Lori chooses to read them differently, even though logically his interpretation doesn't gel with the context of this threads.

Meanwhile you've done nothing but deflect and weasel. I don't object to the concept that some people believe that the flamboyance of many at the pride parades can harm the image of gays in the eyes of some, I believe that's a fair statement. What I do object to are some of the statements you've made, which went far beyond that more reasonable position that you've now retreated to.

Comment

• WTF? The whole discussion I've been harping on you for the same thing. It's not a technical thing, you've made many statements I find greatly offensive. Lori chooses to read them differently, even though logically his interpretation doesn't gel with the context of this threads.
                    False. When the complete stupidity and pettiness of your crusade against my word choice proved so intense that even you couldn't ignore it, you redirected to the actual content of my post in a doomed attempt to justify your hysteria with something a poster might recognize as not being excruciatingly mind numbing ****** like your "universally" rant.

Unfortunetly for you picked probably the worst portion to manipulate with the whole "he wants everyone to act like white people line" which every one saw through instantneously, the complete stupidity of the attempt immediatle laying bare your motivations for the original attack; How dare Patroklos, PATROKLOS, comment on something concerning gays.

In any case, this thread has run its course, the same course it always does when you false charge me; I make a logical and generally intuitive statment, you see its me saying it and pick a fight because you are an ass hole bigot, I repeat my very simple and logically consistant arguement, you pick some random portion to try and nitpick for irrelevant reasons and of course fail to do so, third parties wonder WTF you are doing, you get frustrated with your general lack of performance and declare victory, and everyone laughs at you for being Asher. Sometimes you are smart enough to not return to the thread after that, this of course not being one of those times.

Meanwhile you've done nothing but deflect and weasel. I don't object to the concept that some people believe that the flamboyance of many at the pride parades can harm the image of gays in the eyes of some, I believe that's a fair statement. What I do object to are some of the statements you've made, which went far beyond that more reasonable position that you've now retreated to.
                    I can't retreat to a position thats been my position all along Asher. Now that you have accepted the that my position is indeed logical and fair, and having been unable to substantiate any of your ridiculous claims about my other statements that do nothing but support the first you agree with (nobody ever cared about your technical whining), unless you actually have a position of your own to contribute to this discussion I don't expect we will be seeing you back here
                    Last edited by Patroklos; October 15, 2009, 17:16.

Comment

• Not all gays (I dare say most gays) are flamboyant drag queens exhibitionists...

The best way to change perceptions of people's minds is for any oppressed minority to live their life as everyone else does.
                      Anyone who doesn't read this as stating that gay people shouldn't be flamboyant, drag queens, exhibitionist, etc and should be more like the majority doesn't know how to read.

Anyone who claims they didn't mean that when they wrote that sentence is epicly retarded.

That's all there is to it. Keep trying to turn the discussion around on me all you want, but those are your words.

PS: If you'll notice, you keep claiming things like everyone is laughing at me; but if you do a quick headcount of the people who opposed your posts and opposed my posts you'll see I've numbers on my side, not yours.

Comment

• Few posters have actually taken a position one way or the other.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• The most annoying thing about you, Patty, is your stubbornness. You started off in this thread making an incomprehensibly stupid statement with a universal qualifier, spent a dozen posts or so insisting you didn't misspeak and insulting anyone who read it as you wrote it, and then tried to claim when cornered that you never did such a thing. It's all here in this thread.

Then you make a statement that says, in no uncertain terms, that minorities should "live their life as everyone else does" in the context of discussing flamboyant behaviour, and then pretend to mean that doesn't mean the gays should not be flamboyant, etc. And then you think by whipping out the smoke and mirrors and delusions by claiming things like I'm just out to rip into you, everyone "laughs at me", you "stomped" me in this thread, etc probably partly hoping if you say it, it'll be true.

Just own up to the reality of what your comments say, or retract them if they do not mirror your beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            Few posters have actually taken a position one way or the other.
                            I believe we all have opinions!
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Anyone who doesn't read this as stating that gay people shouldn't be flamboyant, drag queens, exhibitionist, etc and should be more like the majority doesn't know how to read.

Anyone who claims they didn't mean that when they wrote that sentence is epicly retarded.
                              1.) I never said drag queens/exhibitionits/whaterver should act they way they do. I said that not being representative of the gay community in any way shape or form the should neither be upheld as representative or allowed to be portrayed as representative of the entire gay community, especially in the cause of convincing skeptics. You agree with this of your own admission.

2.) I never said anyone should be more like the majority, I said that most of them already are like the majority and should not be afraid to act like their lifestyle IS normal.

3.) I Also said as "they want" in reference to people who aren't in the main stream beacause the same logic still applies. If you act like your lifesyle is normal (and it is to you), it will eventually become normal to society. If you segregate yourself via flamboyant displays, however, you become infinetly easier to write off.

That's all there is to it. Keep trying to turn the discussion around on me all you want, but those are your words.
                              Discussion about you? There is indeed a discussion going on here, but you have never been involved in it Asher. You really have no position in this thread whatsoever.

PS: If you'll notice, you keep claiming things like everyone is laughing at me; but if you do a quick headcount of the people who opposed your posts and opposed my posts you'll see I've numbers on my side, not yours.
                              Not a single person in this thread agrees with you Asher. Nobody thinks I want everyone to act like "white poeple," feel free to name one of them. Your juke failed and the linebacker ran you over. All your further participation in this thread does is reinforce just what a arrogant and whiny little cry baby you are .
                              Last edited by Patroklos; October 15, 2009, 17:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                                I believe we all have opinions!
                                Sure, we just haven't stated them.

I'll go on the record and say I think both Patty and Asher should apologize for slandering the good name of weasels. They have been unfairly maligned several times in this thread.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X