No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not the song Bump... The real song is better.

And Spank Rock, though from Baltimore, started out in Philly. They actually reference Philly stuff in their songs, like my alma mater.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• so you've heard it before, i'm mildly impressed.

personally i think the switch remix is the best version of that song. it was a dancefloor destroyer back in 2006...
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I don't know why that's impressive. They're basically from the area and their songs were featured in both Madden and NBA 2K8.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Michael Henderson on vocals...

And two more up-and-coming artists...

The growing in popularity Mayer Hawthorne:

And Bruno Mars who has blown up recently:

Comment

• Two more by rapper/dj/soul singer, Mayer Hawthorne:

This song was on one of Kanye West's film projects:
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 30, 2010, 21:38.

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• some somewhat accessible industrial

liaisons dangereuses - los ninos del parque

and some groovy techno

heckmann & kauffelt - kookaburra (gabriel ananda remix)
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• One more Mayer Hawthorne song, reminiscent of the 1970's crooners:

Between him and Aloe Blacc, hip hop label Stones Throw Records has some good throwback acts.

Comment

• ok, this has been long overdue. it's time for a trouser enthusiasts special. i love this guy. he did a lot remixes for/of pop acts and some more respectable outfits too in the mid 90 - early 2000s. his music is quite accessible (even albert will probably enjoy some of his stuff) but he manages to do it in way that isn't cheesy. his tracks and remixes were always high quality, well produced and extremely danceable. he also had that rare ability to take a sow's ear and make a silk purse out of it. i used to own almost his entire discography (50+ releases), couldn't bring it with me to brasil though.

howard jones - what is love (trouser enthusiasts' club mix)

tenth planet - ghosts (trouser enthusiasts vocal)

ofra haza - show me (trouser enthusiasts kaleidoscope perversion mix)

wes - alane (trouser enthusiasts orgasmic apparition mix)

Comment

• silent types - upset

Comment

• One by Sa-Ra... the Philadelphian Bilal on the vocals...

And another one by Philadelphian and Temple U. grad, Norman Connors:

Now that's what I call music Classy, beautiful, and, as most good music, from Philly.
                          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 31, 2010, 20:55.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:20.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I guess I had spoke him up in the other thread...

Comment

• Is Dexter ill is Dexter ill is Dexter ill today?

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                                X