No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outkast are really good, very talented guys. really liked altiens, aquemini and stankonia. not too fussed with the more recent stuff though.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• dinosaur - kiss me again
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• How about Bilal? I've posted his stuff before.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• This is another guy trying to be the modern Prince:

Kanye's even made a 45-minute music film, like Prince's Purple Rain, but more artsy, inspired by Fellini, apparently:

The trailer:
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            How about Bilal? I've posted his stuff before.

see i really like the backing on the first track, but i don't care for his voice. if you had a dub or instrumental version of it, i'd like it a lot. the second one i'm kind of ambivalent about, the beat doesn't really grab me and again i don't like his voice, although it seems to fit better here than on the first track.

and i think my views on kayne west are well known. if you rearrange the words s*it and ****ing...

Comment

• and now for something different. probably the best thing mac zimms ever did.

the freak and mac zimms - submission (original mix)

and a more recent number

albert vorne - ares (mac zimms remix)

Comment

• ipso facto - six and three quarters

ipso facto - balderdash (mark riley session)

Comment

• and something a little bit different

mc det - hipsteppin'

peshay - jazz lick

Comment

• Another by Aloe Blacc

Comment

• Two Fingers, That Girl

Two Fingers - That Girl (Spor remix ft. Sway)

You'll never guess who's behind that project. Amon Tobin and another producer.
                      Last edited by Nostromo; October 29, 2010, 08:47.
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• "ladies and gentlemen i've got words for sale, who wants to buy my words, oh i've got the perfect word for you sir, how about príck"

class.

quite liked those, nice production on them, as you'd expect. i think sway is a good rapper, although 'this is my demo' got old quite quickly.

Comment

• vice squad - last rockers

the saints - this perfect day (live)

Comment

• Here you go, Cockney. You'll like this one, too:

Comment

• my favourite alaskan band, bar none. delighted that someone has put this up on-line.

the anemic boyfriends - guys are not proud

and a few tracks from leeds post punk group girls at our best

girls at our best - warm girls

girls at our best - politics!

girls at our best - fast boyfriends (radio session)

Comment

• yeah i liked that one albert, very dreamy

here's something for you, think the girl on here is from philly as well.

spank rock - bump feat. amanda blank (switch remix)

Comment

Working...
                                X