No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just realized that Thoth posted Greensleeves and complains about boring elevator music

Taking it back once more... some more jazz/funk fusion...

Okay this one's really disco

One more I could never find a good quality of on youtube but it's a classic:
    &sb
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 25, 2010, 04:11.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Just realized that Thoth posted Greensleeves and complains about boring elevator music

Considering the insipid rubbish you've posted in this thread, you aren't in much of a position to be casting stones.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoth View Post
        Considering the insipid rubbish you've posted in this thread, you aren't in much of a position to be casting stones.
        what insipid rubbish? The Eminem song?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Comment

• I missed this one...

Songs by Tupac Shakur, R.E.M. and Little Richard, and albums from the likes of Willie Nelson and Patti Smith are among the 25 eclectic recordings inducted into the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry.
            Under the terms of 2000's National Recording Preservation Act, the criteria for preservation by the Library of Congress are that the work be "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant" and be at least 10 years old. Nominations were gathered from online submissions from the public and from members of the National Recording Preservation Board.

This year's list of recordings features a diverse selection of spoken-word and musical recordings that span the years 1913 ("Fon der Choope" (From the Wedding) -- Abe Elenkrig's Yidishe Orchestra) to 1995 (Shakur's "Dear Mama"). There are now 300 recordings in the National Recording Registry.
            In its citation for "Dear Mama," the NRPB called the song a "moving and eloquent homage to both the murdered rapper's own mother and all mothers struggling to maintain a family in the face of addiction, poverty and societal indifference."

Library of Congress calls 2pac "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant"

Comment

• It's Puerto Rican day parade in Philly so here we go... The lyrically untouchable Big Pun:

At 1:05 on the next song, is probably the most bananas line in rap history

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 26, 2010, 00:09.

Comment

• Howlin' Wolf (with Willie Dixon and Hubert Sumlin)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• two bands that i've been listening to quite a lot recently

the soundcarriers - last broadcast

digital leather - styrofoam
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Aivo½so View Post

Good stuff. Sounds vaguely Stormwitch-like

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Some more actual music... the modern day Smokey Robinsons...

I hate this symbol so much...
                        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 28, 2010, 02:55.

Comment

• Maxwell - BLACKsummers' Night (2009)
                          Maxwell - Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite (1996)

Comment

• Originally posted by IamSamSamIam View Post
                            Maxwell - BLACKsummers' Night (2009)
                            Maxwell - Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite (1996)

But all of Maxwell's albums were good... don't forget Embrya and Now.

Comment

• Holy crap. I didn't realize Jaheim has an album out this year... I don't think any other artist has a voice closer to Luther's than Jaheim's:

What you think, Sloww? If you heard this and didn't know better, wouldn't you think it's Luther Vandross?

Comment

• I'm sorry... it's impossible not to love music like this... it doesn't get better than this...

What is there possibly not to like about that? I feel like he's channeling Jimmy Ruffin right there but with a Luther sound.
                                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 28, 2010, 03:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X