No announcement yet.

Okay, I admit it, Obama is THE ONE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being called dumb things comes with the territory.

My only issue is that if I disagree with any of Obama's initiatives and speak up, that doesn't make me a racist, it just makes me someone that disagrees with him.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
      Malia: "Mum, Dad's embarrassing us again. Now he's hanging out with geeks."
      Michelle: "Don't worry, he's in deep **** once we get home."

Comment

Hmmm isn't the "ONE" associated with the Matrix and not Star Wars.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Someone hasn't read his Joseph Campbell.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

He's that dude in Buckaroo Banzai, right?

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              Hmmm isn't the "ONE" associated with the Matrix and not Star Wars.

Anakin Skywalker was "The One".
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I thought he was the Chosen One, not The One.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                  I thought he was the Chosen One, not The One.
                  He can be both.
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    No, it's not the conservatives claiming they see him as the messiah, Conservatives are claiming that liberals see him as the messiah. Big difference.
                    I know. But the conservatives are lying, as usual.

Conservatives have no issues that the public will buy. So they're left with distortions, smears and character assassinations.

In the past, they had moral leaders like Berry Goldwater and intellectual leaders like William F. Buckley . Today, their leadership consists of George Will and then a bunch of power-hungry, soulless, greedy authoritarians. And their rank-and-file merely follows them along, mindlessly parrotting each day's talking points.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      re Zkrib: I didn't know that Oprah was an conservative.
                      Ah, you're talking about her introduction of Obama to a rally in Iowa. There, she referenced Autobiograph of Miss Jane Pittman and Pittman's search for "The One."

[From "SparkNotes"] Miss Jane Pittman says this at the very beginning of Book Four. Her quote sets the theme for the final section of the novel: the search for a savior for the black race. The elders of the plantation select Jimmy Aaron as the "One" that will lead them forward.
                      No one can deny that Obama has lead the blacks of Americans forward from a time when the only roads many of them saw for success were being a rap singer, an athlete, or a pimp and drug dealer. He lead by example, showing them that an African American can become editor of the Harvard Law Review, become a self-made millionaire through writing books, and become President of the United States.

So if you guys want to mock him for being the one to lead blacks forward, go on ahead.

Comment

You are such a partisan hack
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So if you guys want to mock him for being the one to lead blacks forward, go on ahead.
                          Damn, Harvard law review you say? Next thing you know they'll be a black man on the supreme court...
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            You are such a partisan hack
                            Hey, I may have shaken Willie Brown's hand but at least I had enough sense to hold the wrist with my watch on it as far away from him as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                              Ah, you're talking about her introduction of Obama to a rally in Iowa. There, she referenced Autobiograph of Miss Jane Pittman and Pittman's search for "The One."

No one can deny that Obama has lead the blacks of Americans forward from a time when the only roads many of them saw for success were being a rap singer, an athlete, or a pimp and drug dealer. He lead by example, showing them that an African American can become editor of the Harvard Law Review, become a self-made millionaire through writing books, and become President of the United States.

What's the difference between a pimp and president of usa?
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                                What's the difference between a pimp and president of usa?
                                A distance as vast as the vacuum between your ears.

Comment

Working...
                                X