Okay, I admit it, Obama is THE ONE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I admit it, Obama is THE ONE.

Today is a Great Day in America's history: President Obama has revealed himself as a Jedi Master, playing with a lightsaber while making sounds like *swisssssh* and *swoooosh* with his mouth. The Star Wars Kid has been vindicated, at last.
    Attached Files
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Nah, he doesn't look anything like Jet Li.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That pic is begging for a caption contest.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Not being a big Obama fan, I still have to admit that his charisma and ability to appear as a common joe while still being a leader are quite impressive. I have to tip my hat, even knowing that unless everything stays in the ****ter, no repug has a chance of beating him.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"Star Wars Kid" is crying somewhere
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"how do you turn this damn thing on."

"man, I so wish this was real"

"take that, Rush! And that, Beck!"
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I am curious -- this thread adds value to the forum, while a thread discussing relative taint sizes does not?

Comment

Not being a big Obama fan, I still have to admit that his charisma and ability to appear as a common joe while still being a leader are quite impressive. I have to tip my hat, even knowing that unless everything stays in the ****ter, no repug has a chance of beating him.
                Imagine if you actually were in the tank for him?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ocktoepuss View Post
                  I am curious -- this thread adds value to the forum, while a thread discussing relative taint sizes does not?
                  (A) Obama and his lightsaber are not sexually explicit. (B) The forum isn't spammed up with Obama and lightsaber threads. (C) Hi, I am a moderator.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    (A) Obama and his lightsaber are not sexually explicit. (B) The forum isn't spammed up with Obama and lightsaber threads. (C) Hi, I am a moderator.
                    A) I am sure someone can figure out a way to make it so...in any case, is there a ToC for the forum that specifies what is acceptable and what is not?
                    B) Spam is spam. Unless there is some invisible threshold, or again, something in the ToC...
                    C) Yep, got that. I saw that you had closed and moved my thread. But as a mod, aren't you supposed to be...um...fostering conversation that is, well, you know. Not about Presidents waving around lightsabres?

Comment

Didn't Obama just cancel the entire star wars ABM thingie?!?
                      Blah

Comment

No, he just downsized it as you can see in the above photo.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

B) Spam is spam. Unless there is some invisible threshold, or again, something in the ToC...
                          No spaming aloud
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

A) I am sure someone can figure out a way to make it so...in any case, is there a ToC for the forum that specifies what is acceptable and what is not?
                            C) Yep, got that. I saw that you had closed and moved my thread. But as a mod, aren't you supposed to be...um...fostering conversation that is, well, you know. Not about Presidents waving around lightsabres?
                            The general posting rules for the site are posted here. I'd link you to the FAQ, except that the FAQ is actually horribly out of date.

The relevant rule as far as your thread goes is, "Do not engage in explicit sexual discussion (including explicit pictures, links to explicit sites or explicit discussions of sexual acts)."

As far as how much spam is allowed, there is no hard guideline. But if a spam thread already exists on a topic, you can bet another one will probably not be allowed.

Fostering conversation? I can honestly think of nothing more awesome to post about other than the President waving a lightsaber around. Except maybe the fact that I saw an episode of Top Chef yesterday in which contestants were required to make a Squig cake for Games Day - Games Workshop's annual convention at the Baltimore Convention Center. In the show, Warhammer was described as being a video game, and squigs were described as being video game characters. The inaccuracies were hilarious, but awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              The general posting rules for the site are posted here. I'd link you to the FAQ, except that the FAQ is actually horribly out of date.

The relevant rule as far as your thread goes is, "Do not engage in explicit sexual discussion (including explicit pictures, links to explicit sites or explicit discussions of sexual acts)."

As far as how much spam is allowed, there is no hard guideline. But if a spam thread already exists on a topic, you can bet another one will probably not be allowed.
                              OK, so I read the guidelines. Which state...

Special Off Topic Forum Rules

1. The Off Topic Forum will be moderated more lightly than other forums.
                              2. Topics that might be considered 'spam' or 'trolling' in on topic forums will more often be tolerated in the Off Topic.
                              4. Jokes / mild name-calling / banter etc. are allowed as along as their attitude is jovial or humorous. Malicious personal attacks, attacks that are deemed to be aimed at driving other users from the site and personal threats will not be tolerated.
                              So basically you've set up a forum that allows the moderators to be as capricious and inconsistent as they feel like being.

That's just effing brilliant. You get to imprint your own sense of humor/sensibilities on the members of the site. I might suggest that is slightly backwards.

And that you're racist against dickgirls.

Comment

Working...
                              X