Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    That's heresy!

(I actually do cook though I prefer to do big meal like BBQ, Thanksgiving, etc.. instead of the little every day meals.)
    BBQ

When a BBQ is planned, immediately the husband volunteers to take up the work, and the following things happen:

a)Woman buys food
    b)Woman makes salads, prepares side dishes, BBQ sauces, and desert.
    c)Woman makes a quick marinade because Man "forgot".
    d) Man puts meat on BBQ.
    e)Woman gets plates and cutlery from the kitchen.
    f) Man talks with friend, woman reminds that meat is already burning.
    g)Man says thanks and orders another beer from his wife at the occasion.
    h)Man takes meat from grill.
    i)Man hands over the meat to the woman, relieves her from the burden of carrying the beer.
    j) Woman puts meat, plates, cutlery, napkins, glasses, bread and sauces on the table.
    k)Everyone eats.
    l)Woman gets more beer for her husband.
    m)Woman collects plates and glasses, makes the dish-washing and cleans the grill.
    n)Everyone thanks the man for the delicious meal.
    o)Man pats his wife, asking her how she liked not having to cook for once.
    p)Man doesn't get sex for a week.
    q)Man marvels about the mystery of women.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky you think that's weird

Comment

I always save my favorite part for last. If there's beef with broccoli, I eat the veggies first and then the meat. That's not to say I don't like broccoli, because I do. But I like keeping the really good stuff for last.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III View Post
          You have a wife?

I hope she

a)is not from Quebec
          b)did not study Human Sciences (*, term will be referred to in subsequent posts)
          c)does not call a distribution Gaussian when there's only a finite number of whatever
          d)is really sweet when you're sour, or
          e)possesses a good rolling pin and cast-iron pans.

a) I'm from quebec
          b) She's smarter than almost everybody here, and is a physicist
          c) She's far smarter than Hera
          d) and e) None of your business, mother****er
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

BBQ

When a BBQ is planned, immediately the husband volunteers to take up the work, and the following things happen:

a)Woman buys food
            d) Man puts meat on BBQ.
            i)Man hands over the meat to the woman, relieves her from the burden of carrying the beer.
            j) Woman puts meat, plates, cutlery, napkins, glasses, bread and sauces on the table.
            k)Everyone eats.
            m)Woman collects plates and glasses, makes the dish-washing and cleans the grill.
            We our planning a company picnic and I was recently offended by our stupid secretary when asked to ask my wife what we will be bringing as our side. F you, I cook!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

BBQ

a)Woman buys food
              d) Man puts meat on BBQ.
              k)Everyone eats.
              While that is quite clever and I found it amusing, that's not quite the way it works at my house.

While we normally split cooking duties depending on what the main course will be,
              when my wife is planning meals for the week when she's at the store, she'll sometimes buy an entire week of main courses that are much better if done on the grill knowing that I always do the grilled meals.
              Whoever does the main course prepares everything else unless a specialty is involved. So if I'm on the grill she just sits in her chair and grins. At least she'll thank me for a delicious meal afterwards.
              In my house there is a bit less of the mystery of women.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I would actually prefer that my wife never cook. I've never met anyone elso who can dirty such an inordinately large number of dishes and utensils. Usually these remain strewn about the kitchen for 12-48 hours before they are cleaned up. The food isn't worth having to work around a kitchen full of **** for two days.
                The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Usually when one person cooks the other should clean up. Just saying...
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Some of us clean while we cook. Although after we eat, it all goes in the sink.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Usually when one person cooks the other should clean up. Just saying...

That's the way we used to do it when we first got married but then I did a dumb thing.
                      When our daughter was in day care we had agreed that I'd drop her off in the morning and my wife would pick her up. Then I changed jobs and couldn't drop her off, so I agree in exchange for that I would do dishes regardless of who cooked. My daughter is in her senior year in college and I"m still doing the dishes
                      Even though we share housework she probably does more than 50% so it could be dangerous if I pushed the issue.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I clean as I cook. By the time dinner is served, 90% of the dishes are clean, stacked neatly in the sink or in the dishwasher.

I used to agree to the one cooks, one cleans up arrangement, but you guys really have no idea the massive mess she makes for even the simplest food. If she toasts a bagel for breakfast, theres an open bag of bagels on the counter, a used knife, bagel crumbs, open jar of jam, open container of fake butter, OJ jug on counter, toaster is pulled out to the middle of the counter, has smeared butter finger prints on it. Plate with 90% eaten bagel and cup with 90% drunk OJ remain on counter. It is truly absurd.
                        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

My wife claims I'm the messier cook, but she hasn't cleaned the dishes in 15 years, so who are you going to believe She is much messier than I because I too clean while I cook.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I love bbqs, but this is how it goes if I'm the one cooking.

a) Make up the menu
                            b) Go to town and buy food
                            c) Make salads, prepare side dishes.
                            d) Make a quick marinade
                            e) Clean grill before putting the meat on.
                            f) Put meat on BBQ.
                            g) Woman gets plates and cutlery from the kitchen.
                            h) Take meat from grill.
                            i) Woman puts meat, plates, cutlery, napkins, glasses, bread and sauces on the table.
                            j) Everyone eats.
                            k)Woman collects plates and glasses, dish-washing.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                              or be happy with the rice and tell your gf you're hungry for some protein and will be back later after blowing a few dudes.
                              SP
                              I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X