Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lorizael
    replied
    I don't disagree.

    There aren't a lot of viable options between a reprimand and a banning, and I'd really rather not ban posters if I don't have to. That's why my strategy of late has been to move offending posts into the closed thread forum.

    If you have other suggestions, let's hear them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    It's the "response" that is weak Lori.

    "Don't do that again" gets pretty ineffectual after awhile.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    I'm just tired of the "take it up privately" mantra.

    It doesn't work as publicly or privately the mods will take no action. This has been demonstrated in spades since the new ownership took over.
    I guarantee that if you PM me and I'm at my computer (which I am for the vast majority of the EST day), I'll respond very quickly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    I'm just tired of the "take it up privately" mantra.

    It doesn't work as publicly or privately the mods will take no action. This has been demonstrated in spades since the new ownership took over.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    Lori is a terrible mod.

    Wait; we have mods?

    Leave a comment:


  • Drake Tungsten
    replied
    Lori is a terrible mod. First he was riding my ass for simply stating facts about one of the worst posters here and now he's taking rah's side in insulting the memory of loin's grandfather.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    This is the appropriate thread, Loin. I haven't responded because I haven't been on. Additionally, you can PM a moderator or an admin if you have a complaint about a moderator. (If you'd PMed me, btw, I would have responded much more quickly.)

    As far as my conduct goes, I can see how you would believe my conduct lacks neutrality. I can assure you, however, that is not the case. I am not public about which posters I like and dislike, but if my record of moderator actions were a measure, it would give you a very incorrect impression.

    What you're seeing instead is my view that nothing we do here should be too serious, because this is just a forum for mindless discussions. We're only here for fun, and if a poster isn't having fun, I believe that poster should just take a break and enjoy the real world for a little while. When I get offended by something someone has said here, my most common response is to simply roll my eyes and go do something else.

    However, I understand that others don't behave that way, and I understand that I shouldn't expect them to. So, if you believe that I was insulting you (it was not my intention to), then I apologize. The moderators are here to ensure that the forum remains a good experience for the posters, and if the posters are unhappy with the conduct of the moderators, something's wrong.

    If posters believe my tone lacks the neutrality or non-hostility that it should have, then I'll be happy to take on a less obtrusive attitude.

    That said, while my tone may have been inappropriate, my actions were not and I'll stand behind them. Rah displaying incredulity is perhaps insensitive but not against the rules. Loin attacking rah, however, is against the rules. If you have a problem with a poster's behavior, talk to the poster in private or PM a moderator. I've said this over and over again. Do not disrupt a thread because you have a personal issue with a poster.
    Last edited by Lorizael; November 12, 2009, 08:52.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    I say we fire you and the whine bag loinburger.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    I say we fire all the mods just out of principle.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Because nobody answered my question. Please inform me of a more appropriate venue if there is one.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZEE
    replied
    Plomp does not get involved with the OT

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    I prefer not to get into heated debates/arguments if I can help it, but when Lori displays such a complete lack of neutrality and even goes so far as to taunt one of the participants of such a discussion then it seems clear to me that somebody else needs to step in. Will PMing Plomp do any good, or do the current owners treat the OT as a ghetto (with which they'd rather not be bothered) like the previous owners do?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon Miller
    replied
    Loin for president?

    JM

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    That's never stopped me from going all out. And look at me!

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Do we have any recourse if we are trolled by a moderator?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X