The Altera Centauri collection has been brought up to date by Darsnan. It comprises every decent scenario he's been able to find anywhere on the web, going back over 20 years.
25 themes/skins/styles are now available to members. Check the select drop-down at the bottom-left of each page.
Call To Power 2 Cradle 3+ mod in progress: https://apolyton.net/forum/other-games/call-to-power-2/ctp2-creation/9437883-making-cradle-3-fully-compatible-with-the-apolyton-edition
As a Kraut I'm always in favour of bans. I'm putting a list together consisting of people that can be permabanned.
Of course there's always the danger that - without anyone who unites the forum against himself and creates public outrage - we would have to turn against eachother, so this should be carefully orchestrated
Understandable. I sympathize to an extent seeing the first hand effects of this at my church of those folks who are out of the closet and asking for support in their daily lives of the tribulations they face with non accepting family members, "friends", and society at large.
On the other hand, being exposed day in day out to that has likely left me a bit callous, as my only thought is why is this person seemingly only defined by their sexuality. I want to relate on a more common basis on something other than their sexuality and find the inside jokes and banter tiresome and truth be told a bit devisive.
Sorry for the perceived or actual insensitivity in any event.
To be clear, I don't think I've ever taken issue or noticed any insensitivity from you on the issue.
If we used that standard, i.e. "can't express opposition to a culture, group, belief, or life style" then everyone who bashes religion or says bigoted things about religion would also be banned.
The difference is gay hatred and racism has no scientific basis, while calling religious people mentally handicapped has.
It's a sensitive issue for a lot of people. There's a lot of personal history there.
I don't think people understand how much Ben's simple opinions infuriate and enrage some people. It's a constant reminder of how stupid and evil people in this world really are. It's not something I want to see every day. When it's posted, it's not something I can ignore. I've tried.
Understandable. I sympathize to an extent seeing the first hand effects of this at my church of those folks who are out of the closet and asking for support in their daily lives of the tribulations they face with non accepting family members, "friends", and society at large.
On the other hand, being exposed day in day out to that has likely left me a bit callous, as my only thought is why is this person seemingly only defined by their sexuality. I want to relate on a more common basis on something other than their sexuality and find the inside jokes and banter tiresome and truth be told a bit devisive.
Sorry for the perceived or actual insensitivity in any event.
I certainly took exception to Ben's assertion that all gays are HIV positive (or at least a massive risk for it, even when they are celibate), and that DRose was intentionally trying to harm people by donating blood as a high school student.
I don't think he was ever banned.
I was so pissed by what he posted I actually succeeded in putting that thread out of my mind until now. I didn't want to post something in that thread further that I'd later regret. "Mother. Fvcker." seemed sufficient enough to convey my feelings succinctly at the time.
I don't like putting people on Ignore because it takes a lot to truly offend/anger me but damn Ben came close. I've never done drugs, never traveled to third world countries (well, besides Texas and Florida, and came to within a ferry ride across the sound to Victoria BC last weekend), never received blood and the kicker here is (and Lord knows I'm going to regret saying this, buttf*ck it..) I'm still technically a virgin too. Yes Mr. President, that includes oral, hand, and cigars in coslopuses. Ben is more of a Typhoid Mary than me. I'm sure he's been the recipient of a pity f*ck or two. Probably didn't charge him their usual rate either, they felt so bad for him being such an insufferable, hate-filled bore. And hatred really IS a communicable mental disease as well, so I imagine full-body condoms were involved.
As for being a virgin, I'm saving myself for that one special, underage Catholic choir boy. Though, seeing as they've all seemingly been spoken for or otherwise deflowered, I suspect I'm going to die a virgin.
[/For God's sake, EcoFarm, that was a joke. Get a grip.]
So the heterosexual white male has no problems with racists or homophobes so long as it's not inciting murder. Noted.
Hopefully other people are brighter than you are and recognize the tension such people can bring to the site. And such tension is never beneficial. Never.
Don't mischaracterize what I said. I didn't say I'd be ok with it or have no problems with it. I'd strenuously disagree, but if everyone I disagreed with were banned this would be a very empty forum.
It's a sensitive issue for a lot of people. There's a lot of personal history there.
I don't think people understand how much Ben's simple opinions infuriate and enrage some people. It's a constant reminder of how stupid and evil people in this world really are. It's not something I want to see every day. When it's posted, it's not something I can ignore. I've tried.
well if we had a 'bonafide raving racist' here then they would probably get a drubbing in every thread where they posted their hateful opinions. much like ben does when he posts here. all he has is stamina. oh wait, actually, that's not true. he also has a small cadre of posters who are willing to engage him in the same old debates every time, when they all know full well what his views are and the dishonest tactics he employs to defend them. i can't understand why otherwise intelligent people get sucked in playing this silly game, over and over again.
getting outraged everytime ben says something outrageous is not a great strategy, and we all know this. i firmly believe that if people ignored him, he would just go away, but people obviously lack that self-control.
We could debate over which example is closer to Ben's opinion, but ok, we can go with "black people should not be allowed to vote because they are black" No, I don't think that should be a bannable offense.
If someone says to a black poster "you should be lynched" then yes, that person should be banned.
So the heterosexual white male has no problems with racists or homophobes so long as it's not inciting murder. Noted.
Hopefully other people are brighter than you are and recognize the tension such people can bring to the site. And such tension is never beneficial. Never.
On the other hand, if he says black people should not be allowed to vote because they are black...yes, they should be banned.
And that is far more comparable to Ben's opinions, even if a bit more tame than his. Let's keep this honest, Ozzy.
We could debate over which example is closer to Ben's opinion, but ok, we can go with "black people should not be allowed to vote because they are black" No, I don't think that should be a bannable offense.
If someone says to a black poster "you should be lynched" then yes, that person should be banned.
Leave a comment: