Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    So we are not allowed to disagree with the families of 9/11 victims without slapping them in the face?
    You can, 364 days a year, and just not in the thread used to honour and remember the victims.

    Are we also not allowed to disagree with the families of Iraqis killed in the ensuing war without slapping them in the face?
    Feel free to post that thread next time you get an urge to crap in the 9-11 thread. You guys had your chance. I ended up having to start that thread, which speaks volumes as to your true convictions. Like asher said, you don't really care about the Iraqis, but you do hate the 9-11 commemorations.

    And Doc's post did not change the tone of the thread - it wasn't until you appointed yourself Thread Arbiter that the tone changed from one of mournful respect to one of nationalist disrespect.
    Heh. Calling me a nationallist. Heh, I'll take that as a compliment when a leftist yankeestani calls me a filthy nationalist. I'm not even an American, so I don't see how I can be a nationalist when I've stated that I don't believe that my own nation is all that it's cracked up to be.

    An american lover, sure. I love America. But not a nationalist.

    You do not speak for the 9/11 victims or their families.
    My actual statement was that many did and do, many did and did not, and the 9/11 thread is not the place for that discussion. Labelling such motivation as 'malicious is a slap in the face of the families trying to honor the dead. (watch that damn u.)

    "I believe that memorial threads should be respected unless I'm the one who's disrespecting them."
    "I believe that labelling the 9-11 families desire for justice as malicious is helpful and welcome in their memorial of the dead."

    You are the one who brought politics into the thread - you are the one who said "only conservative mourning is allowed, liberal mourners should start their own thread."
    "Only liberals shall be honoured with a memorial thread here on Apolyton, liberal bastion. All conservatives must be crapped upon and banned for speaking their minds."

    That's like the second commandment of Apolyton.
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 13, 2011, 16:08.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    WTF? No, children cannot give consent! That's sick, Ben...sick.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I think child pornography is bad and pedophiles should be locked up. I don't understand how you can think otherwise.


    Odd that the one calling others pedophiles also calls to ban the same user for 'Jack Lenin'. Can you spell H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-i-c-a-l

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    So I have the Loin seal of approval for crapping on threads.
    You didn't need my approval to crap on threads in the past, I don't know why you would need it now.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Saying that others misused their death is a slap in the face to both the victims and their families, many who called for action to be taken to bring justice for the terrorist attack. I personally disagree with the action taken, but that does not make the action malicious, or with ill-intent. It is an action to which righteous people can disagree.
    So we are not allowed to disagree with the families of 9/11 victims without slapping them in the face? Are we also not allowed to disagree with the families of Iraqis killed in the ensuing war without slapping them in the face?
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Then why did he politicize a thread, that was non-political until then? Answer me that. The thread was, for the most part respectful until then.
    And Doc's post did not change the tone of the thread - it wasn't until you appointed yourself Thread Arbiter that the tone changed from one of mournful respect to one of nationalist disrespect. You claim that questioning the intent of the war is a slap in the face to the victims and their families, thereby claiming that all of the victims' families (and, posthumously, all of the victims) agreed with the war. You do not speak for the 9/11 victims or their families. (Neither does Doc, but he did not presume to do so.)
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Yes, I believe that people should respect memorial threads. Asher had a tradition until now of crapping on memorial threads, so I felt that it was time that he understood how others felt by having his actions done to him. That is why I did what I did. I simply applied his standards to him, as I am doing with you.
    "I believe that memorial threads should be respected unless I'm the one who's disrespecting them."
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    As far as I can see, your standards are 'crapping on memorial threads is ok if you spout leftist claptrap.' A-men. That is the voice of Loin speaking on the mount.
    You are the one who brought politics into the thread - you are the one who said "only conservative mourning is allowed, liberal mourners should start their own thread."

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    I disagree, Ben. I think child pornography is bad and pedophiles should be locked up. I don't understand how you can think otherwise.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    So, to be clear, mourning that somebody's death was used for malicious purposes is Bad / Crapping On Them. Saying that a dead person was a terrible human being is A-OK.
    Crapping on threads is a-ok if you're a leftists. Glad we got that straight. I was wondering if the usual gang of idiots would condemn their own crapping on memorial threads, but I am glad to see that I was not disappointed. Now their vanguard is swearing straight to his face, saying that it's ok.

    So I have the Loin seal of approval for crapping on threads. Now I just have to get my blood for oil slogans down pat.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    You didn't - you said he didn't deserve to be mourned.
    I said no such thing. All I said is that he was not well-loved. At least not by people in my hometown. There are many who do love him, but there are a great many who feared him. This is a factual statement, to correct Asher's statement.

    I'm not sure how you got out of that, "he deserved to die". Care to explain.

    No, it's not - you're lying as usual. Post the link where he said anything remotely malicious about the 9/11 victims.
    Saying that others misused their death is a slap in the face to both the victims and their families, many who called for action to be taken to bring justice for the terrorist attack. I personally disagree with the action taken, but that does not make the action malicious, or with ill-intent. It is an action to which righteous people can disagree.

    You insulted a dead person. Doc did not post anything malicious about the 9/11 victims.
    Then why did he politicize a thread, that was non-political until then? Answer me that. The thread was, for the most part respectful until then. Yes, I believe that people should respect memorial threads. Asher had a tradition until now of crapping on memorial threads, so I felt that it was time that he understood how others felt by having his actions done to him. That is why I did what I did. I simply applied his standards to him, as I am doing with you.

    As far as I can see, your standards are 'crapping on memorial threads is ok if you spout leftist claptrap.' A-men. That is the voice of Loin speaking on the mount.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Not that it'll do any good - the Bible evidently says that you can disparage dead people if they were liberal, so I have no hope of winning this argument

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Sick, sad little man...

    Loinburger is schooling you.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    So, to be clear, mourning that somebody's death was used for malicious purposes is Bad / Crapping On Them. Saying that a dead person was a terrible human being is A-OK.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I'm trying to understand how you can keep a straight face when attacking Doc when your own actions are an order of magnitude worse.
    I'm trying to keep a straight face on you trying to square the circle. At least now I've got your seal of approval.

    You are one of the most (if not the most) unethical people on Apolyton, while at the same time you are one of the most (if not the most) obnoxiously moralist people on Apolyton.
    Ok, cite examples of both, please. Where have I ever said that I'm niot a horrible sinner who needed Christ's redemption?

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    That's crapping on the thread.
    Please post The Rules For Memorial Threads. I'm trying to understand how you can keep a straight face when attacking Doc when your own actions are an order of magnitude worse.
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Doubtle standards, like yours aree hilarious.
    The irony of this statement is painful. You are one of the most (if not the most) unethical people on Apolyton, while at the same time you are one of the most (if not the most) obnoxious and facile moral crusaders on Apolyton.
    Last edited by loinburger; September 13, 2011, 15:34.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Where did I say Layton deserved to die?
    You didn't - you said he didn't deserve to be mourned.
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    You can hack it, tough guy. It's right there.
    No, it's not - you're lying as usual. Post the link where he said anything remotely malicious about the 9/11 victims.
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Basically, tehir deaths are meaningless. That is callous.
    Where did he say that they're meaningless? Please post the quote.
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Better question. If you think the Jack Lenin snipe was disrespectful, why are you defending Doc?
    You insulted a dead person. Doc did not post anything malicious about the 9/11 victims.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Doc posted in a memorial thread to mourn how the victims' deaths were used for malicious purposes.
    That's crapping on the thread. Saying all Canadians believe X, is a good way to get someone to speak up and correct that statement.

    Every year someone takes a dump on the 9-11 thread, it's like a sport. Then the commies get their panties in a twist when someone does that to them. Doubtle standards, like yours aree hilarious.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X