Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DaShi
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I will of course note that you give Ben more attention than I do ... not that I think that's a bad thing ...
    Complete hyperbole. We don't give Ben three pages of pointless arguments to post about like you and Molly do.

    The only reason to debate with Ben is to win easy arguments. But that is like competing in the Special Olympics.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I'm on record as wanting him to stay.
    That would explain why you are so broken then.

    The guy that argues with Ben calls me dumbass.

    ****ing priceless.
    Last edited by Wezil; November 26, 2013, 14:51.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    Ben doesn't care what your response is. He just wants the attention. He basically tricked you into replying to him over and over again. That's all he cares about.
    What Ben wants is irrelevant to me in regards to our discussion here. I'll let you and Wezil worry about that. For me, I know full well what the discussion will be before entering it, and have chosen to do so.

    I will of course note that you give Ben more attention than I do ... not that I think that's a bad thing ...
    Last edited by Aeson; November 26, 2013, 14:00.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Keep giving him what he wants and he'll never leave.

    Dumbass.
    I'm on record as wanting him to stay.

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Then why are you insisting you would make a better Christian?
    Because if there were ever a better booster for atheism or alternative belief systems to Christianity than you, outside of the likes of the Renaissance popes and Torquemada I haven't seen it.

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    One, nobody here preaches a prosperity Gospel - that if God loves them they will be blessed with wealth. If someone were - yes I'd be smacking them with this stick.
    Of course you would, Mr. Carny Barker for free market capitalism.

    Two, the people decrying that 'I don't preach against possessions' are Communists who believe that Christianity justifies their envy of the wealthier and state confiscation of other's private possessions. Why would I affirm them?
    Are they ? Who are these 'Communists' ? Presumably if you 'know' they are 'Communists' you can identify them for us. Also, if a part of the New Testament agrees with one of the tenets of another belief system, is it to be discarded because you're scared it might indicate support for a rival belief ? If so, you'll find that Buddhism and Zoroastrianism and Judaism and Islam (to name but 4) share features with the Christian New Testament.

    What about, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?"
    Or in your case, do as I say, not do as I do.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    You can't troll someone looking for a fight, dumbass.
    Ben doesn't care what your response is. He just wants the attention. He basically tricked you into replying to him over and over again. That's all he cares about.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    I haven't argued with Ben for a while, because I decided the malevolence radiating from him just wasn't worth being around. The idea that I'd run from an argument with you though it frankly hilarious. You're about a third as clever as you think you are. You write extremely tedious page long diatribes where you try and twist the truth to suit your nonsense while stupidly believing everyone else is too dumb to notice.

    But you know the worst part? You're boring. Really, really ****ing boring. I stopped arguing with you because I realized that literally nothing you had to say was even interesting. In that way, you're actually worse than Ben.
    All good points but don't interrupt....He's "looking for a fight" with Ben.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
    Thanks for demonstrating why you're the ideal opponent for Ben. You seem to have whatever he has.
    Indeed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    You can't troll someone looking for a fight, dumbass.
    Keep giving him what he wants and he'll never leave.

    Dumbass.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    I haven't argued with Ben for a while, because I decided the malevolence radiating from him just wasn't worth being around.
    What's it been? 2-3 days since you last responded to him? Your willpower is amazing!

    The idea that I'd run from an argument with you though it frankly hilarious.
    You say this, but every time we have a discussion on any substantive topic you drop the subject, throw some insults and then run away. Usually after my first response.

    But you know the worst part? You're boring. Really, really ****ing boring. I stopped arguing with you because I realized that literally nothing you had to say was even interesting. In that way, you're actually worse than Ben.
    On the contrary, you've obsessed yourself with me. If I was as boring as you say, you wouldn't constantly be bringing me up when no one's asked you or addressed you. Obviously you're butthurt about how easily I dispatch of your stupidities whenever I deign to take notice of you. You also have a bit of a crush on me, due to the same reason. You can't help but follow me around like a little ***** in heat. When I kick you, you run away for a bit, but you'll be back in hopes I kick you again. That sort of attention is the best you can hope for.

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    I haven't argued with Ben for a while, because I decided the malevolence radiating from him just wasn't worth being around. The idea that I'd run from an argument with you though it frankly hilarious. You're about a third as clever as you think you are. You write extremely tedious page long diatribes where you try and twist the truth to suit your nonsense while stupidly believing everyone else is too dumb to notice.

    But you know the worst part? You're boring. Really, really ****ing boring. I stopped arguing with you because I realized that literally nothing you had to say was even interesting. In that way, you're actually worse than Ben.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    That's because they are the same person. When Ben is inevitably banned at some point, the Aeson DL should be banned too to ensure justice is served.
    I'll again note that you argue endlessly against Ben, since it's an easy win. You drop and run any argument with me because you know you have no chance to win. Clearly your words are just a fantasy, it's your deeds that show what you really think, and who you really are. You're just an impotent coward trying to assuage your embarrassment at being you, by pretending I'm Ben.

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
    Thanks for demonstrating why you're the ideal opponent for Ben. You seem to have whatever he has.
    That's because they are the same person. When Ben is inevitably banned at some point, the Aeson DL should be banned too to ensure justice is served.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    What sense does it mean to have two sexes if they aren't intended to have sex with one another?
    I'm honestly confused as to why you want to spend so much time to prove [a]the given[/a] in the hypothetical. It's the given. It's not being disputed!

    Christians have the obligation to correct one another. Are you a Christian? Then what gives you that authority?
    Logic. Reason. If you are wrong, I can point it out. Deal with it.

    Christ argues that true sons are disciplined by their fathers.
    MrFun isn't your son ...

    Not according to St. Paul who argues we have an obligation.
    An obligation you've ignored. The obligation is to accept correction. Not to give it. You won't accept correction on anything, which is why it's so delicious how you keep referring to how it's a Christian's obligation to do so.

    Why would a Christian accept a non-Christian's understanding of sin?
    Because some of them are rather plainly stated. You don't have to be Christian to know that lying and murder are sins. You don't have to be Christian to know that Christ taught parables about the mote and the beam, that Christ spoke against casting stones at sinners, etc. It's very simple to read the Bible and see these things for yourself, regardless of your religion.

    Which is why I wasn't being derogatory in referring to your relationship as marriage.
    No, using "benefit of the doubt" of being married clearly implies there is something wrong with not being married. Otherwise there's nothing to benefit from your lie.

    I'm not quite sure how that would accomplish my aims.
    Yah, you don't have anything to benefit from making yourself look like an even more horrible human being than you already are. But that's never stopped you before. You were threatening to do something along those lines. I called your bluff. You folded. For once you made the right decision.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X