Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sava
    replied
    I'm not going to click on his posts. Has he taken responsibility? Or is he just scrambling to justify his behavior?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I get the feeling we're talking about a 12 year old little girl. Tell me that's not the case.
    Try twice that. Yeah. I told Sava it was in his best interest not to play that game. I wonder how it worked out for him?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    This friend told Sava that he could be friends with me or friends with her.
    I get the feeling we're talking about a 12 year old little girl. Tell me that's not the case.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    One would think that if there were anything to the comment made to her, that Sava would post it here on the forum to smear me. Why hasn't he? Ask yourself that. What, is he holding back out of consideration for me?

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava View Post
    BK kept commenting on a female friend's pictures even though she repeatedly told him to stop. I tried to hash it out with BK in private. He refused to even acknowledge what he was doing. He refused to take responsibility. And then in an exchange of messages, continually referred to this woman as a "****" and "*****"... blaming her for his inappropriate behavior.

    I had to block him on FB.

    But that's old news and not relevant to this situation. It's more like a testament to BK's personal character. Hint: He's a horrible person.
    None of this surprises me. It's the same behavior he has here. It's no surprise that his life outside of this forum is equally ****ed up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    You really are a scumbag. I don't know why anyone would friend you on facebook.
    Do note - that Sava is reposting here a private conversation between myself and him.

    This friend told Sava that he could be friends with me or friends with her. I told Sava that I wasn't giving him an ultimatum.

    So you can guess which route Sava took.

    It is odd that Sava doesn't actually post the comment I made to her that set off this ****storm. And I stand by what I told him. He was enabling bad behavior.

    continually referred


    I love that you pussed out 100 percent. Do you always let others choose your friends for you?

    I had to block him on FB.
    Followed promptly by attacking me in public here on Apolyton and trying to smear me. Instantly after you blocked me. Sava - do you really think your behavior isn't completely transparent? When you start attacking another poster 100 percent of the time out of the blue, yeah, clearly there isn't something else going on.
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 8, 2014, 19:45.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava View Post
    BK kept commenting on a female friend's pictures even though she repeatedly told him to stop. I tried to hash it out with BK in private. He refused to even acknowledge what he was doing. He refused to take responsibility. And then in an exchange of messages, continually referred to this woman as a "****" and "*****"... blaming her for his inappropriate behavior.

    I had to block him on FB.

    But that's old news and not relevant to this situation. It's more like a testament to BK's personal character. Hint: He's a horrible person.
    You really are a scumbag. I don't know why anyone would friend you on facebook.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    I don't really care what people do. I don't care if people make false accusations. People can read threads for themselves. The truth will set you free.

    If my behavior is deemed inappropriate, just let me know and I'll tone it down.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    What's the story with that?
    BK kept commenting on a female friend's pictures even though she repeatedly told him to stop. I tried to hash it out with BK in private. He refused to even acknowledge what he was doing. He refused to take responsibility. And then in an exchange of messages, continually referred to this woman as a "****" and "*****"... blaming her for his inappropriate behavior.

    I had to block him on FB.

    But that's old news and not relevant to this situation. It's more like a testament to BK's personal character. Hint: He's a horrible person.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I know but it's what I thought BK was talking about. It's actually a call for people to commit suicide with several people agreeing.
    Actually, I was referring to Dinner saying that 'Someone should kill me', where I invited him to come for a visit. Aeson commented how 'murder stalking' posters here is forbidden.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    also, the little creep loves to harass women on facebook
    Perhaps I should pull out some of your posts regarding your 'ladyfriends?' who are neither ladies nor friends?

    I'm not quite sure how you're even capable of assessing harassment given as you engage in it constantly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I think it should be against the rules to refer to people as pedophiles, woman beaters etc,
    Just be aware that if we ever did ban baseless insults, it would be applied fairly to all cases. Currently the rules allow that sort of senseless insult. I've been accused of human trafficking at times myself. (Apolyton's takeover is in no way part of setting up a front for human trafficking. And if kentonio should happen to never post again it definitely isn't because he's been sold to a Sultan in SE Asia.)

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Oh and that it would be a positive thing if anyone stopped living but I might have already lost that one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    I think it should be against the rules to refer to people as pedophiles, woman beaters etc,

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    I've been busy the last couple days and wasn't able to see a lot of what was going on. I've gone through the threads and it looks like the participants in all the current conflicts are participating voluntarily. I want to reiterate a couple points though:

    - MikeH is a saint and you should cherish him as a moderator. Neither Ming or I are nearly so patient. Bear that in mind going forward ...

    - Death threats are not ok. (I haven't seen any posts which qualify recently.)

    - If you have a real problem with what another poster is doing, please notify me or one of the other admins/moderators about it privately rather than attack publicly. If you're playing the same game they are, I'm going to assume it's consensual. That will make it very hard to make a case for moderation that doesn't include yourself being moderated as well. So just keep that in mind.

    - We used to have a rule, "discuss the topic, not the poster". We could go back to this if people in the OT want. I want to keep the OT rules serving the posters here, since that's the only reason it's here.

    - For now the rule is more "discuss the topic, another topic, or the poster's failings as a human, not their ethnicity/sexuality in a hatespeech sort of way". Some of the gender and nationality/ethnicity bashing that's been going on lately is pushing it. If it's kept as a joke that's one thing, but when it becomes outright bigotry that's another. As with the last point, consensual is ok ... but when you're using stereotypes (especially very negative ones with loaded words) you're making it much less likely your fight is consensual with all parties concerned. If we get complaints from people who are hit with or disgusted by collateral damage on those types of topics there will likely be moderation, especially if it's an on-going issue. All the bans that have happened in recent years have fallen under this rule.

    - Fights spilling into other threads does become an issue if it happens too much. I don't know if there's a good way to deal with it, but I am open for suggestions. The ignore feature and ignore in quotes can help but aren't complete measures.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X