Originally posted by -Jrabbit
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
I've never said anything vile about women you damn liar
from like two minutes ago:
[it's] stupid to date women who claim to have been raped.
Leave a comment:
-
Indeed. However I would be the first to say that there should be a clear set of forum rules, as I think there already are, and if these two are not breaking them, they have the freedom to say these things - as we have the freedom to respond, or not, as the case may be...
Leave a comment:
-
I've never said anything vile about women you damn liar. You are the real problem on this site you lying *******.Originally posted by kentonio View PostNice spin doctoring. What actually happens is you say something vile about women, or Ben says something vile about.. well anything really. Other posters are then disgusted by what they've just read and call whoever wrote it a sick bigoted ****-puppet. You two then cry foul about how people are being nasty to you.
It really doesn't take a genius to see where the poison is coming from.
Leave a comment:
-
Nice spin doctoring. What actually happens is you say something vile about women, or Ben says something vile about.. well anything really. Other posters are then disgusted by what they've just read and call whoever wrote it a sick bigoted ****-puppet. You two then cry foul about how people are being nasty to you.Originally posted by Kidicious View PostIMO allowing posters to say horrible, uncivilized things about each other poisoned the environment. There's no sense in trying to make any real improvements unless this is changed.
It really doesn't take a genius to see where the poison is coming from.
Leave a comment:
-
Never in my life have I seen a more finely worded tour-de-force in hypocrisy! Well done, Ben!Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View PostI think the real solution instead of an imposed one is to simple *ask* that poster X not post in your thread, rather than some heavy handed moderation solution. It's a social problem with a social solution.
I've mostly abided by my personal rule of not posting my own political threads. I'm willing to abide with the "do not post in my threads" with one exception - anything concerning the Catholic church. Given that it's my faith I think it should be fair game. I think both of these is a good compromise. People get some of what they want, I get some of what I want. I've already sort of done that by signaling what threads I won't post in, "ie, threads with ****" in the title. That seemed to be working well.
Also - the whole, 'post is boring, let's ban, seems to me an even WORSE idea. Who defines 'boring'?
Also, I'd like to see a return of the rule of deleting threads attacking posters. We had that before. Posters right now feel that they are free to say whatever they like without repercussions. That's not really helping things. Poster A says that Poster B is the devil, and then goes around attacking poster B for 'making arguments he doesn't like. The inmates run the asylum now, Aeson.
But I'm not sure any of this will resolve the core issue, of people not wanting to read opinions that they disagree with being contrary to what's in the best interest of Poly. I think, really, the best solution is to just tell the folks who are complaining about views they don't like to just live with it. The more they feel that their views ought to be catered to in moderation, the demands will continue. If they feel that by complaining enough they will get what they will want - you've established a reward cycle.
I really suggest, for once, not rewarding them.

Leave a comment:
-
Then we're in agreement here, JR. I don't think the rules need to be changed either.Do I think threadjacking is a serious problem here? Yes.
Do I think Ben and Kid are being treated poorly, including unwarranted personal attacks? Yes.
So, do I think we need to change the rules? No.
There are currently 35 poly OT threads that I've not posted in. 35/50. You can post in the vast majority of Poly OT threads and never spot a single BK post.The only downside is that I can't post in very many OT threads
Leave a comment:
-
He won't do this since he knows most people would ignore his political threads.Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Postn.b. -- Ben, if a self-imposed "I don't start political threads" policy is your excuse for jacking off all over any thread that, in your personal opinion and however tangentially, might touch on your current set of religious and/or political beliefs, PLEASE, for the love of all that is good and right in this world, go back to starting political threads.
Leave a comment:
-
I have been trying very hard to avoid engaging Kid and Ben since their returns. And every time I slip in my resolve, almost unfailingly, in his own special way, each demonstrates how right my instinct is. The only downside is that I can't post in very many OT threads. Not a big loss for Poly, I grant you.
Do I think threadjacking is a serious problem here? Yes.
Do I think Ben and Kid are being treated poorly, including unwarranted personal attacks? Yes.
So, do I think we need to change the rules? No.
This is SO not the core issue.Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post...the core issue, of people not wanting to read opinions that they disagree with...
First, most everyone here knows your opinion on every topic that's important to you. Relentless repetition does that.
Second, it's your intellectual dishonesty and twisting of arguments, not your actual opinions, that no one wants to deal with.
Third, your self-aggrandizing persecution complex grows ever more tiresome. Get off the pity pot.
n.b. -- Ben, if a self-imposed "I don't start political threads" policy is your excuse for jacking off all over any thread that, in your personal opinion and however tangentially, might touch on your current set of religious and/or political beliefs, PLEASE, for the love of all that is good and right in this world, go back to starting political threads.
[/soapbox]
Good luck, Aeson.
Leave a comment:
-
When are you going to stop acting like an amateur?Originally posted by Ming View PostThis coming from a guy who simply insults people or tells them to shut up. Yeah if rules are going to be enforced, you probably won't like what happens to you
Leave a comment:
-
There seems to be little desire, in general, for rules and moderation from Polytubbies.
There certainly does seem to be a desire for selective enforcement of rules and selective moderation.
There is much to be said for chilling out, and not getting knickers in a knot about other posters.
Leave a comment:
-
This coming from a guy who simply insults people or tells them to shut up. Yeah if rules are going to be enforced, you probably won't like what happens to youOriginally posted by Kidicious View PostWhy anyone listens to people like him complain about others is beyond me but that's what we're dealing with now. Let's just hope rules will be enforced if we're going to have them.
Leave a comment:
-
It's a reminder that you're a racist. Your racism is one of the reasons you keep threadjacking threads and ruining them. Go start your own threads if you want to passive aggressively insult black people.Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View PostI see no point in banning me from replying to your threads yet keeping the sig quote. The offer was fair.
Leave a comment:
-
Why anyone listens to people like him complain about others is beyond me but that's what we're dealing with now. Let's just hope rules will be enforced if we're going to have them.Originally posted by AAHZ View PostIm not really sure what the big problem is here. Gribbler complaining about me and Kid and Ben so he needs the admins to enforce some rule to "protect" him? Gribbler has been spiteful toward lots of people lately, only after he unfairly attacked Braindead did i jump in and PWN him. I'm sure that's what he is mad about since this is the same guy that made an "AAAAAAAAH" alt to imitate me. He even was nice to me for a while after that, then BAM... AAHZ-Hate™. I'm really curious how me, Ben, and Kid are the problem when Gribbler can go on tirades and insult us and it is not OK for us to retaliate. I'm glad the "ignore list thrade" rule is gone and I hope he is mad about it.
I simply think he is trying to get in good with HC and Reg, so he is attacking all their "enemies." He should do his history because both HC and Reg have complimented me before. Even Elok says my poasting style is just an "act" and I am smarter that I appear on here.
And if he thinks i contribute nothing just look at my newest AAHZ-Thrade™. over 4500 views and almost 150 Poasts of civilized discussion.
Simply put Gribbler needs to grow up or get gone. No rule changes need to be put in place just for him.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: