Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
I'm not sure what you're talking about. If when posting you have the "Add Link" ... can you just click the "X" to the right to get rid of it if it's causing you a problem?
-
Thanks a lot ... at least now I know that there probably is a way, even though I still don't know howOriginally posted by kentonio View Post
I had this for ages, until I realized I was doing something wrong. I can't remember what it was though, which I realize is not really helpful.

Obviously it is so well hidden that not even our admins know about it, considering the lack of answers by Aeson & Co
Leave a comment:
-
I had this for ages, until I realized I was doing something wrong. I can't remember what it was though, which I realize is not really helpful.Originally posted by Proteus_MST View PostIt seems like, when you use the "Post Link Buttton" (2nd Button upper left) and afterwards, when editing the posting, you cannot remove it anymore.
When you click on "Remove Link" and afterwards want to save the edited posting, the forum always complains about "Missing URL" and doesn't let you ave the posting, until you have put valid URL into the URL-Field again.
(Forced me to put the Google-URL into this postng: https://apolyton.net/forum/miscellan...30#post9320730 )
Leave a comment:
-
It seems like, when you use the "Post Link Buttton" (2nd Button upper left) and afterwards, when editing the posting, you cannot remove it anymore.
When you click on "Remove Link" and afterwards want to save the edited posting, the forum always complains about "Missing URL" and doesn't let you ave the posting, until you have put valid URL into the URL-Field again.
(Forced me to put the Google-URL into this postng: https://apolyton.net/forum/miscellan...30#post9320730 )
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, as you say, it comes and goees.
At the moment editing for me also is quite fast.
Bu when I made the thread about the dutch cows 3 hours ago and wanted to edit the opening posting,
it took ~20-30 seconds when he editor was fully loaded and could be used
Leave a comment:
-
I just edited a post and it was sub second. IT comes and goes.
Ok editied this post
less than a second both times
Leave a comment:
-
Most annoying waiting times seem to happen, when I try t edit a posting ... often takes an eternity after clickng on edit, until the editor is ready
Leave a comment:
-
Yeah, the two locations I use both have very high rates. It's not painfully slow, just annoying slow. But there are times where it's only a sec.
Leave a comment:
-
Some of it is probably just vb5 being slower.
There are several other sites on this server, the old one was on it's own. (Also it's in San Francisco now, used to be New York. Might be a few ms there depending on location.) There may be times when some of the other sites are seeing heavy loads, though there is a ton of extra processing power and memory most of the time. May need to reconfigure the server to work better with vb5, allow more worker threads, or something else I don't have time for right now. The other sites are generally quick (other than the ads), but none of them use vBulletin. First byte time for most of my other sites is ~1/2 second. First byte time for Apolyton is 1 second. So that's half a second of it. (vB just being slower on the same setup.)
The ads are asynchronous, can't start loading until the page has been generated and served, and shouldn't slow down the rest of the site much at all unless you're on a very slow connection or get a wonky ad.
Leave a comment:
-
I haven't really had any slowdowns out here in flyover country.
Leave a comment:
-
same, waiting on apolyton.net, but every now and then it speeds up and isn't so bad, but that's the exception.
Leave a comment:
-
It seems like most of the delay time, its just saying 'Waiting for Apolyton.net' with occasional fast bursts of other stuff I can't read. Average loading time per page is 3-5 seconds, same for actually posting although that seems to be slightly longer sometimes. It just makes for a really sluggish forum experience really.
Leave a comment:
-
True ... you see what's currently loading (and what takes long to load) (I for my part btw. have no problem with the loading speed most of the time ... I assume because my google ads dn't contain many problematic (slowly loading) ads)Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
You don't even need to be a mod, even. Just look at what's going on in the lower-left corner of the window (in firefox, anyway).
Just mentioned the mod status, because we had interna discussions when our Forum had slowdowns ... and changing the loading order actually helped a lot
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: