Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there rules I need to know how to follow to post here?

Comment

• No, not really.

"Don't post anything criminal" seems to be the LCD these days.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Sox View Post
        Are there rules I need to know how to follow to post here?
        Yes.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Can we re-instate the rule that threads are closed after a certain number of posts? I suggest after 5.

Nah, but seriously reading that fake or real thread makes me kinda agressive. Maybe close after 1000 posts (what did we have before 500???). Maybe it helps people when they get a fresh start. Whatever.
            Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              Yes.
              Haha, very funny. So I guess this place is pretty laissez faire from what I can tell.

Comment

• Nope.

More like dog eat dog.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                  Can we re-instate the rule that threads are closed after a certain number of posts? I suggest after 5.

Nah, but seriously reading that fake or real thread makes me kinda agressive. Maybe close after 1000 posts (what did we have before 500???). Maybe it helps people when they get a fresh start. Whatever.
                  trying to stifle free speech
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                    Can we re-instate the rule that threads are closed after a certain number of posts? I suggest after 5.

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• if i remember correctly, the 500 posts/thread was enacted for software issues? something to do with the long threads doing scandalous things to the database. though, it serves the database just as well, the damn thing dresses so trampy.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                        Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
                          if i remember correctly, the 500 posts/thread was enacted for software issues? something to do with the long threads doing scandalous things to the database. though, it serves the database just as well, the damn thing dresses so trampy.
                          It used to be a problem with more ancient versions of vBulletin.
                          It's not needed for our current version anymore.

People can always start new versions of a thread or spin-offs.
                          I don't see a reason to force threads to be closed after a # of posts.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• We need it because Ben is posting again.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I'm glad he wanted to come back. Poly desperately needs people not a carbon copy of the 53 others.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I'm a silicon copy.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X