Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. Obviously the scorn for the mocked/excluded poster would only increase more if he would have to come here to beg for the thread to be closed/removed (or PM a mod). I would prefer if the old system of "no threads on posters" was re-established.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Next you'll be wanting a ban on posters making fun of people inside threads.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        Next you'll be wanting a ban on posters making fun of people inside threads.
        Cheap.
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I want to be clear I don't care if there is a ban on threads or not. (It's pretty much the same thing as insults in threads anyways. At least in a dead forum like this where every post can be read.) I just think it's hypocritical to claim you would protect those who are being mocked if it's hurting them... in a way that could only serve to increase the mockery.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos View Post
            Cheap.
            Sorry. Having a bad morning.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              I want to be clear I don't care if there is a ban on threads or not. (It's pretty much the same thing as insults in threads anyways. At least in a dead forum like this where every post can be read.) I just think it's hypocritical to claim you would protect those who are being mocked if it's hurting them... in a way that could only serve to increase the mockery.
              I don't think there's been anything particularly vicious so far, and certainly not a lot of them. I don't think it's a big deal at the moment.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Sorry. Having a bad morning.
                Accepted.

Comment

I don't think there's been anything particularly vicious so far, and certainly not a lot of them. I don't think it's a big deal at the moment.
                  We know you can do moderator stuff now. Provost started a good thread to discuss the merits of boiling moderators down for glue and you closed it.

You would make a most excellent bottle of glue, if I may say so.

Comment

• Here here! All in favor of braindead, say Yay! +YAY MODS for GLUE, or GLUE FOR MODS!!!
                    Last edited by Thorn; March 15, 2011, 19:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                      We know you can do moderator stuff now. Provost started a good thread to discuss the merits of boiling moderators down for glue and you closed it.
                      That's 'cause I thought it was funny.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Closing funny threads just because they're funny... no wonder the OT is so dismal these days

Comment

• I didn't think the thread was funny. I thought closing it was funny.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• MikeH speaks the truth

JM
                            (Although generally I can't be bothered.)
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I didn't think the thread was funny. I thought closing it was funny.
                              My interpretation is funnier... see... you even had to ruin that. What do you have against funny?

Comment

• Closing before we even had the chance to discuss the best recipes for cooked mod
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X