Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    We need the entire spectrum of English-fluent Russians. Sober Russians are cool if they even like you enough to talk to you. I wonder what Onodera is up to these days.

    If we shaved off 10-20% of the very trashiest posting, I don't see how this wouldn't be a better place to hang out. I like to whoop it up on the boards more than the next guy, if he's sober - but watching monkies flinging their poo got boring a decade ago. I was in a mature discussion of big-picture politics yesterday, which I wouldn't have bothered to speak up if a couple of certain someones were around...

    Leave a comment:


  • Geronimo
    replied
    Originally posted by self biased View Post
    Serb has repeatedly used hateful slurs and and has a long and storied history of flooding threads to an unacceptable degree with hateful invective. For this, he has been banned for three months.
    Is it worth it? I like civil discourse and like to see it incentivized, but by the time 3 months has gone by the context for volumes of discussion will be gone. We need to recruit more English fluent Russian apologists if this is the kind of consequences we can expect for rude name calling and hate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    I made a mental note to myself yesterday afternoon to try to find a display angle to any forum business I need to announce that seems likely to be controversial. -One such I made yesterday in the Smilies and Forum Graphics thread appears to have only been read by Astrologix in the last 24 hours.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    No reason it couldn't have been both!

  • Bereta_Eder
    replied
    I think my telletubby avatar was hunted because I remember winking at me from time to time. Either this or too many beers

    Leave a comment:


  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    commented on 's reply
    Will do.

    10char

  • Wezil
    commented on 's reply
    We could use more ferrets.

  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    commented on 's reply
    Love it.

    I just don't like people running around nekkid. [shrugs] I'm a forum art guy.

  • dannubis
    commented on 's reply
    Fine. Hot enough for y'all ?

  • dannubis
    commented on 's reply
    What about that genocidal Saksen Coburg maniac ?

  • dannubis
    commented on 's reply
    Oui, l'inertie...

  • Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Getting me access to the avatar gallery was on the wish list I gave Solver recently. He tells me Old World is going to ship in about a month, and he'll be able to free up some time then, soon, to do a little this and that. The membership might want to compile their own tech wish lists...

    I agree about dannubis and the teletubbies, btw.

    Leave a comment:


  • Egbert
    replied
    Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    Something vaguely Egyptian, perhaps?
    What about Leopold II?

    Leave a comment:


  • EPW
    commented on 's reply
    The war crimes kinda put a damper on the fun, don't you think?

  • N35t0r
    replied
    Originally posted by dannubis View Post

    La pente, la pente, ... Toujours la pente...
    C'est très glissant

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X