Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikolai, you're intentions here are so obvious that even HC could see them. And it is really petty. Seriously, if you miss Ben so much, go start your own forum where you two can post in a way in which you two want and the vast majority of posters here do not. Or just go to panda****ers.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      Yeah, it was less a matter of my taking his threats seriously, and more a matter of his explicitly saying that he intended for me to take his threats seriously. IMO trolling should be kept legal.
      Yeah, the thread Nikolai is kvetching about would only be ban-worthy if it was part of an ongoing, systematic, and plainly targeted campaign of harassment. One let's-irk-the-Christians thread every three weeks or so hardly qualifies.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Do you have a reason to post this?

JM

Comment

• New Forum Rules:

1. You must not post videos or articles without reason
          Punishment: Banning, 3 months and you are dragged by a pickup truck driven by black people
          2. You must not insult any poster with less than 20 posts and more than 1
          Punishment: Banning, 8 months and we get to make fun of your wife for marrying you
          3. You must not be called a ****** by any of the following posters more than twice in the same thread concerning the same topic
          Posters: Krazyhorse, Asher, DaShi, loinburger
          Punishment: Banning, 12 months and you are sodomized by Drake or Tupac (you may choose)
          4. You must not be a fan of any Texas sports team
          Punishment: Bannings on the day before, of, and after any game involving a Texas team. If a Texas team makes it to play-offs, then the banning continues until the end of the season
          5. You must not post opinions as facts
          Punishment: Banning, 7 months and a letter written to your professors at CMU
          6. You must not post articles or rehash arguments from conservative blogs, think-tanks, or other such news sources
          Punishment: Banning, 6 months and be forced to vote for Obama or the most conservative Islamist party in your country
          7. You must not act tough when your deficiencies are obvious
          Punishment: Banning, 2 months and copies of your posts are sent to your mum
          8. You must not claim to make rational arguments while not using any reason
          Punishment: Banning, 15 months and you are registered as a sex offender in Slovenia
          9. You must not post threads bragging about illegal activities
          Punishment: Banning, 3 months and your activities are reported to the Texas or California police
          10. You must not post videos of bad music in the music thread
          Punishment: Banning, 8 months and you are forced to listen to every video AAHZ has posted back to back (unless you are AAHZ, then it is Slowwhand's videos)
          Last edited by DaShi; October 25, 2011, 21:17.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I never had a problem with Ben. I imagine he would be an agreeable fellow if one met him in real life.

OTH He really shouldn't have threatened Loin and therefore it is easy to understand why MikeH banned him for months.

My 2 cents.

Comment

• Putting yourself in 3. is like putting Teddy Roosevelt on Mount Rushmore.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Very good, DaShi. Most of that is pretty funny.

Isn't Teddy Roosevelt's horse on Mt. Rushmore? No, wait. That's Abe Lincoln. Never mind.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                  This thread obviously break rule #2, #3 and #13.
                  I wouldn't classify an infantile joke as hate speech.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    Nikolai's right - if we're going to ban people for major offenses like repeatedly threatening another poster, then we should ban people for every rule infraction no matter how minor. Somehow this will be more fair/consistent.
                    Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    The mods ban somebody maybe two or three times a year at most (not counting spambots), and now you want them to start banning five people a day as though this will somehow unban Ben or make what he did any less reprehensible. It makes no sense.

Exactly.

(And for the people who can't understand sarcasm, he's being sarcastic. And I'm agreeing with his sarcastic point.)
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• I've closed that thread anyway.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        Because I know everyone was just waiting to hear my opinion...

BK's threat to Loin didn't strike me as remotely credible. However, it was definitely repeated several times, and BK was already on thin ice for harassment of gays IIUC. The stupid sexual shock-thread copycat might technically merit a warning, but it's better IMO to do what all of us were doing, namely ignoring it and letting it sink like a big, tasteless rock. Making a fuss about it will only reward and give new life to a lame troll that was otherwise dying an ignominious death. It certainly doesn't merit a six-month ban all by itself.

I admit I'm biased here, since I believe BK's behavior was the #1 reason for hostility to Christians on this site (such as the vulgar thread in question).
                        Do you want my job?
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• "MrFun" is breaking rule #4 - clearly the current "MrFun" is an imposter http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/101506
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            Do you want my job?
                            If you don't get paid, it's not a job.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	loser.gif
Views:	2
Size:	5.3 KB