Muslims and Travelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslims and Travelling

Ok so I have never been to Kuala Lumpur (KL) for the entire 5 years I have lived in Singapore, but that finally ended just over the weekend. While I have been to many places in South East Asia now, KL strikes to me as the most interesting, which is interesting in itself because I figured KL to be somewhat similar to Singapore considering how close they are to each other.

So I asked my accompanying friends why there were so many Muslim tourists in KL compared to Singapore (or anywhere else for that matter), and he said it's because Malaysia is a Muslim country. But this still striked me as a little odd... They're choosing their holiday destination based on their religion? Isn't this a little obsessive, crazy, biased, selfish, etc?

Anyway, I generally hated it, I had often heard about the laziness of Malaysians and some stupidity as well. I just figured Singaporeans were racist bastards. But then just 1 day in KL was enough to see that they might be somewhat right. It stinks just about everywhere, filth just litters this "supposedly modern" city; want to buy something at McDonalds? expect to wait a LONG time, they are VERY slow and will often make mistakes, causing you to have to wait even longer.

I asked my gf why this is happening; it can't be biological, surely, it must be cultural, but their culture seems to be governed by their religion, so is their religion holding them down? Are they aware? Do they care?

Anyway, I am not going back there again. The Twin Towers was nice though.
    be free

I guess I don't need to add that to my "Places To Go Before I Die" list.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Aren't Singaporans mostly Chinese? They are soulless drones? I think Muslims are too proud to do a good job at Mick Dees.

Comment

Radical Muslims surely aren't drones, are they?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I doubt they'd do well at McDonald's's

Comment

I'd go see Rome because of the Vatican, Israel for the church of the holy sepulchre, France for Chartres Cathedral, Canterbury for the shrine of Becket. I really don't see much wrong with pilgrimages.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You missed the point. I am saying that it seems to me, that Muslims only go to Muslim countries; generally speaking of course.
              be free

Comment

Kind of like if the only place I go to are Ft. Worth and Waco?

Comment

I asked my gf why this is happening;

I thought you broke up with her. Were you just lying to avoid having me inform her of the fact that you regard her as fungible?
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Maybe she doesn't exist?

Comment

I've been to KL and snoopy is full of ****. It was a very clean city. I can't comment on the veracity of his description of the McDonald's in KL, however, as I'm not enough of a tool to eat American fast food while I'm on vacation.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneWalter View Post
                        Maybe she doesn't exist?
                        I don't think you exist. What do you think about that?

Comment

LOL reminds me of people in Itaewon...

It is pretty much the ONLY place in Korea where you can find foreign cuisine. Greek, Thai, Turk, Uzbek, Indian, Paki, Bulgarian, German, Austrian, just about any country...

...and yet friggin' McDonalds is STILL always the busiest place. Despite the fact that there are large numbers of McDonalds throughout Seoul and the rest of Korea.

Guess you can't beat the 'secret ingredients'. Fat and salt.

...unless they really do put mysterious addictive substances in it....

Oh yeah!! MORE fat and MORE salt!
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I liked by stay in Kuala Lampur, although admittedly, I was only at the airport -- which is fantastic! -- and just across from the airport at the PanPacific Hotel -- which is dazzling!

But you can't get a pepperoni pizza there.

Comment

Much less 48", huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X