Even Nixon Supported Abortions. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
    Hitler was good ruler in spite of his anti-Semitism.

Especially in his dealings with Italy, who historically changed sides from WWI to WWII.

Rah: He was elected based in part on his "secret plan to end the war." He then escalated the war into Cambodia and Laos. He asked the head of the FBI to destroy evidence, which nearly happened. He used former CIA people to spy on his '72 opponent, and they too got caught. He wasn't just corrupt in his use of the government, but incompetent to boot. I don't think he was worse as far as taking money was concerned, but using campaign funds to buy silence from the Watergate crew is a proven event. That's obstruction of justice. The list goes on. China was the work of his Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

He also started the EPA and initiated the Clean Air Act.

If he had his way, the US would have had Universal Health Care back in the 1970s.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Don't waste your time with people that refuse to see any of the positives. They'll just focus on the negatives, which is typical of people that didn't live through it. Nixon was well respected on the global stage at the time. And until near the end at home also. If he had been asassinated prior to WaterGate, he probably would be remembered as a true hero dispite some of his short comings.

Prior to Nixon the president was given a lot of slack by the press. Clinton almost gets impeached over a blow job while the Kennedy boys where whoring it up in the White House. I'm not saying that Nixon didn't do some questionable things, I'm just saying that a lot of presidents have done similar things but weren't caught. Not that that's the guideline. He did a lot of good things also, and shouldn't be judged just on the negatives.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post

Rah: He was elected based in part on his "secret plan to end the war." He then escalated the war into Cambodia and Laos. He asked the head of the FBI to destroy evidence, which nearly happened. He used former CIA people to spy on his '72 opponent, and they too got caught. He wasn't just corrupt in his use of the government, but incompetent to boot. I don't think he was worse as far as taking money was concerned, but using campaign funds to buy silence from the Watergate crew is a proven event. That's obstruction of justice. The list goes on. China was the work of his Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger.
          It is absolutely stunning that some Americans still think he was a great president.

He **** in your nest and the country is still living with the byproduct of it today.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Nixon was very bad with regard to the economy.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
              Especially in his dealings with Italy, who historically changed sides from WWI to WWII.

Rah: He was elected based in part on his "secret plan to end the war." He then escalated the war into Cambodia and Laos.
              Funny that. The more things change the more they stay the same. Dems consulted then in 1970 and give the thumbs up on military action in a war without provocation against a sovereign nation, only to later on lay blame on a Repug President. 30 some odd years later do the same thing. I'm shocked shocked.

Democrat Endorsed Cambodia Invasion
              Nixon Papers Cite 1970 Conversation

Five days before U.S. and South Vietnamese troops made their surprise move into Cambodia on April 29, 1970, then-President Richard M. Nixon got the approval of the top Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee for that action, according for documents released yesterday by the Nixon library.
              Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; June 24, 2009, 15:44.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

The funny thing is that there are a lot of people on the left (and middle) who want the Republicans to be more Nixonian. The term "Rockafeller Republican" was created because Nixon was shamed (Rockafeller was a disciple of Nixonian Republicanism).
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

See, pro-choice folks couldn't ask for a better friend and advocate than tricky dick. They should put his image up on tv ads.
                  This wins my 'best of troll' awards.

Well done Ozzy. I could see Oerdin. Or maybe Mr. Fun. But you?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    He also started the EPA and initiated the Clean Air Act.

If he had his way, the US would have had Universal Health Care back in the 1970s.
                    Don't waste your time with people that refuse to see any of the positives.
                    I'm failing to see the positives here much as I try.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                      Nixon knew about the threat posed by Obama and wanted to nip it in the bud. Truly a great visionary.
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                        I'm failing to see the positives here much as I try.
                        I did that one for the more left than you posters .

Comment

Working...
                        X