Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Canadian Navy as out of shape as I am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    We don't use nuclear power in any militaristic capacity as a policy, not because we are not capable of it.
    Yeah, right

Yes, we do.
    Right, my bad. So you have three nearly 40 years old destroyers in addition to the 12 frigates.

Holy sh!t! What a capable force!!!

I guess the suprime council of Uganda will immediately increase their military budget (currenlty equals to three sacks of bananas) after news about the mighty Canadin Navy reach their shacks.

Comment

Canada had a bigger Navy than your pathetic country when the time came to have one. It doesn't make sense to have a big Navy in peacetime. We spend our money giving citizens good lives, you spend yours to take the lives of your own servicemen due to poor maintenance.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I see the point flew by your head at the speed of an Avro Arrow flying past a Mi-26...

That was the point. Think about it. Put down the Vodka and think.
        1) I drink beer and don't drink vodka.
        2) V-22 and Mi-26 do pretty much the same missions. Avro and Mi-26 DO NOT.

Avro don't do any missions actually, 'cause that was a failure that never entered service.

Comment

You obviously don't know the history behind the Avro if you call it a failure. I don't think the Russian made is capable of comprehending politics.

And the V-22 and Mi-26 do not do the same missions. The Russian military does not have a rapid insertion VTOL aircraft. The Mi-26 has the same mission types as other existing US helicopters, not the V-22. The lack of Russian military creativity and ingenuity is why you guys lose so many wars.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Canada had a bigger Navy than your pathetic country when the time came to have one. It doesn't make sense to have a big Navy in peacetime.
            Bullsh!t. You have NEVER, NEVER had a bigger Navy.

We spend our money giving citizens good lives, you spend yours to take the lives of your own servicemen due to poor maintenance.
            It's easy to give your citizens good instead of investing in defence when you are located beyond the pond. You have a huge body of water to protect you from hostile neighbours. We don't.
            When was the last time (and the only, iirc) when Canada have been invaded? 1812?
            Your only possible enemies are Yanks and white bears. But since you have managed to learn how to lick American asses properly, bears posses a greater threat for you now. So, you are right - you don't have to spend your money on nuclear subs.

Comment

The Avro Arrow is still better than any plane, ever. This is a fact.

Fixed
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You are so ignorant.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                  It's true. At the end of WW2 the RCN was the 4th largest navy in the world IIRC, after US/UK/Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                    It's easy to give your citizens good instead of investing in defence when you are located beyond the pond. You have a huge body of water to protect you from hostile neighbours.
                    Russia is a hostile neighbour, and you guys are right outside my house! I can see Russia from my house!

When was the last time (and the only, iirc) when Canada have been invaded? 1812?
                    What can I say. People learn their lesson. We never lose. Ever.

Comment

At the end of WW2 the RCN was the 3rd largest navy in the world, after US/UK

Fixed

We never lose. Ever.

KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                        It's true. At the end of WW2 the RCN was the 4th largest navy in the world IIRC, after US/UK/Japan.
                        Canada was also the 2nd largest industrial producer during the war, behind onlh the USA.

Russia sucked in many ways, not just that one.

Comment

I don't believe that one for a second. Maybe among the Allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                            That doesn't count. A mere skirmish!

Comment

You obviously don't know the history behind the Avro if you call it a failure. I don't think the Russian made is capable of comprehending politics.
                              Just a couple of questions:
                              1) When did Avro enter service?
                              2) How many Avro aircrafts were build and actually saw service? And combat performance?

And the V-22 and Mi-26 do not do the same missions. The Russian military does not have a rapid insertion VTOL aircraft.
                              An aircraft that buzz like hell (according to Drake) for rapid insertion of just 24 troops?

WHY THE **** WE NEED TO?

The Mi-26 has the same mission types as other existing US helicopters, not the V-22.
                              Oh, really? And what makes V-22 so special (except the obvious fact it's a huge waste of money)???

The lack of Russian military creativity and ingenuity is why you guys lose so many wars.
                              Muahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

We lose wars?

LOL!

We have the best win/loss wars ratio among the other nations on this planet. And I bet we are the most frequently fighting nation too.

Comment

An aircraft that buzz like hell (according to Drake) for rapid insertion of just 24 troops?

WHY THE **** WE NEED TO?

Those 24 troops are easily the equal of the 150 your POS helicopter can deliver.

Comment

Working...
                                X