Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Canadian Navy as out of shape as I am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
    I assume both landing and take-off of such aircraft requires more time and is a much more complicated manoeuvre than a landing and take-off of a standard helicopter. Thus it is a much better target for enemies.
    I'm pretty sure the entire point of the V-22's development was to avoid that.

Comment

They would have the Europe and Russia industrial base to build a navy. And with us crushed - you would have no chance to invade the Reich. If we hadn't destroyed 600+ German divisions on the Eastern front, you would have to face that military might protecting the coastline, not a bunch of kids from Hitler Jugent and WW1 old farts. Forget about Overlord then.
      Canada saved us...
      You are a complete joke, man. **** you.
      All we'd have to do is vaporize their cities one by one.

Comment

• And with us crushed - you would have no chance to invade the Reich.

The U.S. could've beaten the Nazis on its own. With Canada's help, it would've been a cakewalk.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• For takeoff and landing, it typically operates as a helicopter with the nacelles vertical (rotors horizontal). Once airborne, the nacelles rotate forward 90° in as little as 12 seconds for horizontal flight, converting the V-22 to a more fuel-efficient, higher-speed turboprop airplane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
            It's true. At the end of WW2 the RCN was the 4th largest navy in the world IIRC, after US/UK/Japan.
            3rd. The Japanese fleet was sitting at the bottom of the pacific.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              Just how much neighbours do you have?

Canada is neighbors with the nation with the second-best record in war fighting.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Whatever. You two mofos ruined my perfect beer and poker session. Fook you. Both of you. I go to bed.
                Is this what Russkies do when they win or lose wars? Just asking.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• I think I now know why many Russians do not live past their 50s, they die of aortic aneurysms caused by fits of rage.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    3rd. The Japanese fleet was sitting at the bottom of the pacific.
                    They had that many submarines?

Comment

• It's hard for them to confront how ****ty their joke of a country really is.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                        They had that many submarines?
                        I suppose they were technically submarines at that point, yes.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I forgot to ask if he could leave his marbles before he went home.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben View Post
                            I forgot to ask if he could leave his marbles before he went home.
                            He lost his marbles long before he posted here.

Poor Serb.
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• On the subject of aircraft, I gotta say that I was recently on a CH-47 Chinook and those things are HUGE.

Image the largest practical helicopter and then double it. I thought it would be like a bus, but it is more like a small ship. And it makes more noise than the Devil's flatulence.
                              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• Chinook > Mi-26
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X