Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate, all-important question for Star Trek movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
    You forgot to mention gay marriage, douche bag.
    gay what?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I can lend you my spare hearing aid, Imran.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Classic View Post
        ?

Star Trek was out a full week before Angels and Demons.

Box office totals weekend, May 15-17:
        Angels and Demons (Opening): $48m
        Star Trek: $43m

Box office totals, weekend, May 8-11:
        Star Trek (Opening): $79m
        I stand corrected.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I can lend you my spare hearing aid, Imran.
          Are you an old fart or something? That would explain a lot.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Thirty one years old is NOT old!

Comment

Thirty one years old is NOT old!
              Jesus Christ, 31? That's like... damn.

I'm never getting that old.
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                che and I grew up in Batavia, just a stone's throw from there. When were you living in Naperville?
                I wasn't, but my aunt, uncle & cousins were in Naperville about 10 years ago.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Keep swirling around, it just make you look more more silly. I was just saying that you can't pass judgement on something that you've haven't watched. You seem to be confused with the concept.

That you went and saw star trek is a totally different matter.
                  Yes, I went to see Star Trek for myself because the reviews were generally favourable and for the act of watching a film and subsequently finding it very poor you said:

Yet you went and saw it anyway. Not very bright.
                  So, I can't pass judgement on something that I haven't watched - and yet if I do - I'm an idiot...

That is a total contradiction rah, in other words - you are guilty of hypocrisy.

Also, a reason why it isn't necessary for me to watch the last episode of this series of lost is that I saw series 1, about half of 2 and the first few of 5 - I've seen enough total garbage after the promising first series to be virtually certain that that episode will also be bollocks, which, shock horror, is not the last series after all!

Oh, just by the way, the last two episodes were on TV last night. I watched them and guess what!? Made up on the fly garbage to enthrall thick people (because you have to be thick to still be watching it) like you!
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                    I just flew out of Chicago yesterday, also a very flat city in a flat state, and they have huge quarries in the middle of Chicago neighborhoods.
                    Yes, but we are talking about a different state, and a different type of flat. That quarry is clearly a hard stone quarry (e.g. granite) due to its appearance in the film. Sorry, I'm no geologist, but you are extremely unlikely to get anything other than sedimentary rock at the very best on the generally flat and friable terrains that Iowa is best known for. Certainly not in the manner the film portrays.

Where's Oerdin when you need him?

Comment

Obviously Iowa is Arizona in this reality and Arizona is the corn capital.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

It's definitely a quarry, and not a canyon IIRC.

But yeah, maybe some cosmic pixie dust from Kirk's dad getting toasted reached Earth and rearranged America's states - a far more plausible explanation than some of the hogwash in that movie!

Comment

They filmed that scene near the Iowa mountain road where a nuke transport was hijacked in the fourth season of 24.

Incidentally, saw the film today. That was far, far better than it had any right to be.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Moby doesn't know what he's talking about re: quarries and Iowa.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

God damn it - Drake and I agree on something again.

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                                I'm sure I just missed something, never having really been a big Star Trek fan, but if
                                Spoiler:
                                a single drop of this "red matter" can create a black hole that will swallow a planet or star in a matter of seconds, how the hell does Spock's ship carry around a big glob of it with no problem?
                                That aside, I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did my wife and son.
                                Spoiler:

When you drill a hole to the core of a planet, you create something called a volcano, which to my knowledge is a one way street. So how the hell did the get the red matter to fall to the planets core... And more importantly, why would they need to ?

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                                X