Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate, all-important question for Star Trek movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
    Spoiler:

When you drill a hole to the core of a planet, you create something called a volcano, which to my knowledge is a one way street. So how the hell did the get the red matter to fall to the planets core... And more importantly, why would they need to ?

Spoiler:
    Clearly, the red matter ate the volcano.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Spoiler:
      I wonder if you can nest
      Spoiler:
      tags
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Awesome.

Spoiler:
        I
        Spoiler:
        wonder
        Spoiler:
        how
        Spoiler:
        deep
        Spoiler:
        you
        Spoiler:
        can
        Spoiler:
        go
        Spoiler:
        before
        Spoiler:
        it
        Spoiler:
        ****s
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        up
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I feel like I should ban you for that or something, but instead I'm just starting at the cool ziggurat you made.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I think I was getting close to the limit there. At least on this screen size.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
              Oh, just by the way, the last two episodes were on TV last night. I watched them and guess what!? Made up on the fly garbage to enthrall thick people (because you have to be thick to still be watching it) like you!
              Well at least your opinion has some backing behind it now. And I'm happy I was able to make you waste a few hours of your life just to give me crap. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I liked it and don't give a rat's ass what you think about it, so here's to you never getting those few hours back.

And my comment about ST was I was suprised that you were fooled by the hype since you're so smart.

I'll be seeing it with less expectations but still expect to enjoy it. I'll try to focus on the good things instead of picking on the scab of the bad things. It is obvious that our overall view of things is pretty different.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Where the **** did the canyon in Iowa come from?

They mutilated my home state!?
                lol I didn't even think about that when I was watching it.

Sometimes it's hard to imagine a sate that flat. Even the flat places I did live in (Florida, Mississippi) had trees, so you didn't hardly notice how flat it was. I just couldn't imagine living in Iowa. I'd probably shoot myself.

Comment

Iowa has trees.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I doubt it's a thick forest of trees like Florida or Mississippi. In the movie it looked pretty flat and barren.

Comment

using this site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_by_elevation
                      if you use the elevation difference collumn to define FLAT.
                      Florida is the flatest state in the nation with a difference of only 345 feet.
                      Iowa comes in at #10 at 1,190 feet

I think you'd be surprise how think forests are in the midwest in the undeveloped areas. I guess swamps in florida might be a bit more dense but the undeveloped areas in Florida are dissappearing quite quickly.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There are plenty of limestone quarries in the midwest. That's not dumb. What is dumb is a "shipyard" for a non-compact, non-streamlined starship that isn't designed to land on the surface of planets.
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

ya that was dumb. forgot about that. How'd they get the thing up there anyways? You'd thing the impulse engines would destroy the shipyard when it takes off. In ST3 you can see they build the ships in space stations.

And I'd like to have seen a little more transition from him not wanting to go into star fleet, to him wanting it. Obviously they put the ship in there for a quick plot device. But it wasn't convincing.

And most importantly why was Captain Pike in Iowa in the first place? What kind of loser hangs out in Iowa during is off time?

Comment

In the movie it looked pretty flat and barren.

That part of the movie was shot in the Central Valley in California, not in Iowa. Iowa isn't generally that flat; more of a rolling hills type of terrain.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

that's enough for me to not want to go there. I'm sure some parts have hills of course. As mentioned it's hilly compared to Florida. I know how flat florida was. I lived there for over a year.

the below pic shows trees at least.

Comment

Farms, trees, and a rare city tossed in. There's a few universities there but they're hidden under the trees.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X