Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans seize monopoly control over hypocrisy

By Al Bunbury, Associated Press Writer – 4 hr 21 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Former Vice President Dick Cheney, to a tremulous press corps Friday afternoon, announced that the Republicans have seized a long sought triumph which eluded them during the entire administration of President George W Bush. As he stepped up to the podium, he began his speech with a very strong opening salvo.

"Many thought we couldn't do it. Others dissuaded us from the path. A few rabble rousers within the party suggested we adopt alien concepts such as humility and compromise and abandon our quest. Instead, we have forged ahead, on the path we charted 8 long years ago." proclaimed Cheney.

After a slight pause, he continued:

"For years I have wanted to speak out on the topic, but our progress was hindered by those who feared the political consequences of our actions. Finally, now that I no longer bear the burdens as a representative of the people, I feel free to come clean on the dirty laundry of the Bush administration." Cheney continued, provoking murmurs throughout the crowd as to the nature of these accusations, and the thrill of anticipation riveted all eyes on Cheney.

"I would like to announce that the Republican party has finally bought out the last holdout, in our quest to achieve monopoly control of hypocrisy."

Dick Cheney took a pause to thunderous applause of the gallery. Much speculation has been seen throughout the media as to the overall goals of the Bush administration, which perplexed the finest minds of the day. As remaked by Al Gore, who commented that Bush was, as usual, "pure and utter ****e", and Al Franken, "he was without the redeeming quality of innocence possessed by our chimpanzee ancestors," both had affirmed that it was obvious Cheney was the power behind throne, pulling the strings of his perplexed puppet. Finally, we have the confirmation, not only of his role, but the goals.

Cheney continued, discussing the role in which Obama made the triumph that much more difficult to acheive.

"He made our job extremely difficult. All the talk about Hope and Change, it's amazing we even got a word in edgewise. However, his inner goodness and honesty eventually shone through, leading to a remarkable era of transparency and benevolence. It was only after this burst that we were able to destroy many of our last competitors in the field of hypocrisy."

One staffer asked the question as to whether the defection of Senator Spector had anything to do with the recent triumph.

Cheney proceeded, remarking, "It was essential. As the most principled moderate in the party, he had been a thorn in our side for years! Imagine my joy when I heard that the Democrats offered to retain his seniority in the Senate, if he agreed to switch sides. The thrill of no longer having to carry water for the Republican party was a siren spell irresistable to Specter."

Another staffer asked who was the final owner of hypocrisy that refused to sell out to the Republican administration.

Cheney was quick to reply. "None other then Nancy Pelosi. When she admitted that she had been a proponent of waterboarding, the game was up. We had urged her ceaselessly to admit her support for torture, and how she agreed with the administration all along, but she was reluctant. Her recent announcement brought us over the top.

When asked as to the plans of the Republican party now that they have a monopoly on hypocrisy, he cautioned speculation. "Hypocrisy is an incredibly powerful weapon. We intend to employ it first to deny the Democrats their rightful nominees, in spite of their cooperation over the years of the Bush Adminstration. The power of the nation has clearly shifted to the courts, where you can lock in policy decisions for decades, with the swoop of one nomination.

Obama would be wise to respect our new-found power, and appoint nominees with moderate tendencies. This will only further serve in contrast to the Bush administration's policies of appointing only the most hard core right wing to lock down the courts to progressivism.

Thanking the crowd for their time, Cheney stepped down and walked quickly into his black helocopter whisking him to points unknown.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Give me a break. A monopoly? That's foolish. Really, Ben. I'm serious.

There has never been a section of time where the country's domestic habits changed more. Not a world war, not the cold war, nothing. I don't care what anyone, including Cheney says, you don't know what you would do until and if you're faced wth it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You are a moron, Slowwy, if you think that was serious.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Che, why don't you give me the benefit of the doubt? I know Ben, I talk to Ben, you should know something.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

After nine years of you acting the same way, why would I give you the benefit of the doubt?
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You really are clueless.

Comment

So, you honestly think Ben thinks that the GOP has a monopoly on hypocrisy? You think an article where Dick Cheney gets up and talks about how proud he is that the GOP has taken control of hypocrisy is serious?

If I'm clueless, you're in negative territory, boyo. You aren't just clueless, you owe clues.

Jesus Christ, Sloww? It was a joke article!

Comment

Thought on US Politics

NOTE: I am using the terms 'right' and 'left' while acknowledging their silliness and the media process that has leached them of meaning...

There is no US party that is a home for the fiscally "conservative", yet socially "liberal."

Now the libertarians I dismiss because a) They ignore history. They actually had the 'libertarian utopia' of huge growth and self-regulated markets. It was called the 19th Century. b) There IS such a thing as market failure, and unless you're a dumbassed Ayn Rand follower we do have a responsibility to some degree to be our 'brother's keepers', if for no other reason than to stop our brothers from rioting and burning down our houses.

The democrats, as I see them, are basically the 'anti-racism' party these days. It's the one thing that ties them all together and the subtext behind their spending. It's really all they agree on and the large rambling intellectual structure of 'anti-racism stuff' is in effect their entire ideology.

The Republicans are the Christian party, at least they sell themselves that way. Fundie-ism colours everything they do.

So where do Yanks go when they want a party that likes all that fun social stuff like gays and drugs, but doesn't want the government 'stealing bread from the children's mouths' to pay for it all?

I don't really know too much about it, but I guess the old Reform party was the closest thing.
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                X