No announcement yet.

Trial begins in slaying of transgender woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you going to say the initial rage was gone? Just because he was cleaning up?

Premeditated means that he planned the killing or met up with the intention to kill. This he did not do, rather, he just didn't completely the murder in the first couple of blows. It was still his rage that was going on... not some hate for transexuals.

You have nothing to suggest hate crime level dislike of transexuals based on the above article. If there was stuff about hit bothering transexuals or attacking them or whatever in the past, then there would be a case on this being a hate crime.

But no way. I know guys who are generall nice and calm who would still beat a transexual in such a situation. And from personal experience intense anger can last hours. It is not a 5 minutes thing.

If he left the house and came back hours later, maybe there would be a case.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Premeditated means you intended to kill the person.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The same discussion I was having with Pat. We don't know what the murderer thought or knew. It very well may have been premeditated. At the very least, life without parole.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The fact that he came back to finish the job is what makes it murder one.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Not particularly.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

In this case it does.

Comment

Like I just said, not particularly. If he went with the intent of murder, no.

Comment

Leave it to a military man to sit here and blame the victim of a brutal murder.
                  We are not talking about the murder, the responsibily for which I have clearly stated rests with the gang banger serverl times now, but rather the sexual deception of the victim prior to the murder.

Just because you are the victim of a murder doesn't make you an angel in regards to any of your actions prior. Those stand on their own merit.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

This is also why it becomes a hate crime. Having had time to calm down from the initial shock of discovering he'd been tricked, he turned around and killed her when he realized she was still alive, and did it because of her transgender.
                    You thought process above is factured. He was mad he was tricked into having sex with a dude. There is no reason he couldn't have gone back and finished the job because he was still mad he was tricked into having sex with a dude.

Sloww, you can come up with whatever what ifs you want, as long as you recognize that they are supported by nothing what so ever.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I'm saying the same thing. We don't know. The article has many holes. The only thing concrete, is that the guy is a killer. He doesn't dispute the fact.

Comment

Sloww is being rather slow.
                        "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
                        "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          A few years ago, some guy in the US military fell in love with a transgendered person (M-to-F). He even knew that she was transgendered.

When his military roommates found out about it, they clubbed the guy to death in his sleep.

There was a movie made of this, IIRC. Starring the guy from Pushing Daisies.
                          I saw that movie - it's called Soldier's Girl.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Soldier's "Girl"?
                            "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
                            "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

Comment

Originally posted by BKWM View Post
                              Sloww is being rather slow.
                              Who the hell are you? Don't talk to me or about me. Are we clear on this?

Comment

Anyone else think that was an odd way to start a trial?
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X