Trial begins in slaying of transgender woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't humans wonderful?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      And where in the world does religion/etc come into it?

Plenty of atheists would be pissed too.

In fact, anyone who is straight would be pissed.

Most people would just have enough control over their anger to not assault and murder someone.

JM

JM

Religion comes into play because a band wagon convoy usually rolls by, one bandwagon says its a sin(sex out of marriage), one bandwagon says its not a sin, another bandwagon wants to say he deserved it because he was a male doing sexual acts with a male (I dont feel that way, I brought this into it from too many experiences about bashing folks for opinion was all)

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

How long are they going to trial this slaying for? Do you reckon it will catch on?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Maybe so. It's kind of inconclusive, and from the statement of a murderer.
          If she was post op them you might have a point. As it was she still had a penis. Heterosexual guys by definition don't like penises. She deliberately misled him.

That in no way excuses murder, but her deception in and of itself was a despicable act on the transgender's part.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

You don't know that, Pat. You're assuming, but you are correct in that it doesn't excuse murder. I just see nothing that without question says the murderer was deceived.
            Is the possibility that it was known, and the murder was set up, not an option to you?
            Maybe that's not the case, but maybe so.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
              JM

Religion comes into play because a band wagon convoy usually rolls by, one bandwagon says its a sin(sex out of marriage), one bandwagon says its not a sin, another bandwagon wants to say he deserved it because he was a male doing sexual acts with a male (I dont feel that way, I brought this into it from too many experiences about bashing folks for opinion was all)

Gramps

It has nothing to do with that.

This guy did not go searching out a transgendered person to kill. He searched out someone to have sex with (I don't see how it was a factor that it was outside of marriage?). He engaged in sex with that person with the understanding that that person was a girl.

He later discovered that person wasn't a girl. He was pissed.

It is perfectly alright that he was pissed.

It was that he didn't control his anger after he was pissed that caused him to kill someone else. Which is wrong, but has nothing in general to do with the person being transgendered or anything else to do with sex. It only has to do with this person having anger control issues.

And the victim did knowingly engage in activity which would result in pissing a large number of people off. I am not talking about being a transgender here. I am talking about having sex with someone while misrepresenting yourself (and I could imagine many other nonsexual things that can piss people off as well).

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You don't know that, Pat.
                I am pretty sure the autopsy would have noticed a penis Sloww.

Is the possibility that it was known, and the murder was set up, not an option to you?
                Maybe that's not the case, but maybe so.
                I am using the information presented in the article. You are making things up. There is a name for people who do that
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

It has nothing to do with that.

This guy did not go searching out a transgendered person to kill. He searched out someone to have sex with (I don't see how it was a factor that it was outside of marriage?). He engaged in sex with that person with the understanding that that person was a girl.

He later discovered that person wasn't a girl. He was pissed.

It is perfectly alright that he was pissed.

It was that he didn't control his anger after he was pissed that caused him to kill someone else. Which is wrong, but has nothing in general to do with the person being transgendered or anything else to do with sex. It only has to do with this person having anger control issues.

And the victim did knowingly engage in activity which would result in pissing a large number of people off. I am not talking about being a transgender here. I am talking about having sex with someone while misrepresenting yourself (and I could imagine many other nonsexual things that can piss people off as well).

JM
                  JM

I see your point, but just to share, not only did he have a problem with anger, but he was a gang banger, not the sort of folks one should deceive, and I am sure anger was but one qualiy he possessed, as one who has grown up around gangs, they can be tough to be in social circles with.

I believe it was either Ted Nugent or George Carlin said about "Hate Crimes" being invoked when it comes to murder.

Why do we need a Hate Crime Bill, isnt it evidence enough a person hated someone, that they killed them?

Food for thought is all sir

Gramps
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                    I am pretty sure the autopsy would have noticed a penis Sloww.

I am using the information presented in the article. You are making things up. There is a name for people who do that
                    No, no!

Forget it. Just forget it. You know what the **** I mean, though.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Hey, I usually give the victim the benefit of the doubt, I just don't see it here.

Comment

Usually give the victim the benefit of the doubt? That's mighty decent of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                          Hey, I usually give the victim the benefit of the doubt, I just don't see it here.
                          Leave it to a military man to sit here and blame the victim of a brutal murder.

No wonder your brother-in-arms clubbed that kid to death for loving a tranny. The insecurity is overwhelming.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The two situations are completely different.

In one, people hate a tranny and so kill someone who loves one and did nothing to them....

In the second, some guy gets lied to and engages in sexual activity with someone he has no intention to and out of anger at the discovery kills that person.

There is no evidence that the guy would beat up, muchless kill the victim for just being a tranny and not being involved with him. The murder was caused by anger from the misrepresentation/etc that the tranny did to the murderer.

It is no reason to murder, but still it was wrong behavior on the part of the tranny towards the murderer.

In the other case, the guy did nothing to his roommates.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't believe in "hate crimes" in general; I believe they're a demented attempt to wriggle around the first amendment and punish people for not being nice, modern and tolerant enough. People don't lose their freedom of thought when they commit a crime. But like a bunch of people have said already, this isn't a hate crime even by the silly common definition. It's an OMG-I-got-my-knob-nibbled-by-a-dude crime.

That's assuming the account we have is correct, of course, but why would you spend two days with someone you despise before killing them? Torture, maybe, but you'd think police would have found evidence of that on the corpse. And even moron skinheads plan their lynchings better than this, if this was planned. They don't leave the body lying around at home and steal the victim's car.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Good luck showing that this was premeditated.

JM
                                Easy, when he was cleaning up the murder scene and heard the victim alive, and he went and made sure he killed her. That's premeditation. If he'd killed her with the first two blows, that would be 2nd degree. Going back after the initial rage was gona and making sure to finish the job, that's 1st degree.

This is also why it becomes a hate crime. Having had time to calm down from the initial shock of discovering he'd been tricked, he turned around and killed her when he realized she was still alive, and did it because of her transgender.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X