Trial begins in slaying of transgender woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Who the hell are you? Don't talk to me or about me. Are we clear on this?
    Hey i just thought it was a funny pun. don't freak out.

I have nothing to do with hell, so that question doesn't really apply, but i'll answer it anyway. I am Plato's son.

And, this may just be me, but does telling someone not to talk to you and then immediatly asking them a direct question make sense to anyone else?

And sorry if the pun offended you, that was not it's intent.

It was a bonus.
    "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
    "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

Comment

Oh, goody. Someone that thinks they're a smartass. We call that fresh meat here.
      Although, you're distracting from the loss of life. Pretty insensitive, even for a troll.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by BKWM View Post
        Hey i just thought it was a funny pun. don't freak out.

I have nothing to do with hell, so that question doesn't really apply, but i'll answer it anyway. I am Plato's son.

And, this may just be me, but does telling someone not to talk to you and then immediatly asking them a direct question make sense to anyone else?

And sorry if the pun offended you, that was not it's intent.

It was a bonus.

I speak up that BKWM is a gentleman and a son of a most scholared individual

I have known this young man for several years and he is a decent person from all previous encouinters

That being stated, I must advise Plato to pack his son with weaponry when entering the Poly OT

Moving along, welcome to the discussion BKWM

Oh and BKWM, Slowwhand is also a nice guy, Texan, straight to the point
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
          Easy, when he was cleaning up the murder scene and heard the victim alive, and he went and made sure he killed her. That's premeditation. If he'd killed her with the first two blows, that would be 2nd degree. Going back after the initial rage was gona and making sure to finish the job, that's 1st degree.

This is also why it becomes a hate crime. Having had time to calm down from the initial shock of discovering he'd been tricked, he turned around and killed her when he realized she was still alive, and did it because of her transgender.

Uh, he was all pumped up with crystal meth, crack and angel dust and couldn't calm down.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
            Uh, he was all pumped up with crystal meth, crack and angel dust and couldn't calm down.
            I have actually done all of those at once, three and a half days straight awake, no sleep even if you wanted to, of being dillusional and distorted, wired and paranoid, and add some shots of Tequila

You do irrational things, think irrational thoughts, and this doesnt even begin to detail the health issues your detrimentally impart upon ones shell

Comment

Plato's son?!? Crikey!
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Easy, when he was cleaning up the murder scene and heard the victim alive, and he went and made sure he killed her. That's premeditation. If he'd killed her with the first two blows, that would be 2nd degree. Going back after the initial rage was gona and making sure to finish the job, that's 1st degree.

This is also why it becomes a hate crime. Having had time to calm down from the initial shock of discovering he'd been tricked, he turned around and killed her when he realized she was still alive, and did it because of her transgender.
                How do you know this?

I can think of at least one other motive.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I've seen a tiny amount of the trial but one thing I noticed right off the bat was the tattoos on the backs of the defendants hands. Just what did the victim expect to happen, that this guy was gonna be OK when he found out she had a dick?
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Reasoning may not have been the strong suit of either victim or killer.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

So it would appear.

Comment

Throwing the hate-crime charge on these facts imho does a disservice to real victims of hate-crimes. I do believe that transgender and homosexuals should be included in hate-crimes legislation, if there is such a charge/enhancement in the jurisdiction, but this is a plain-ole murder to me. Unless this is an extraordinarily liberal jurisdiction, the hate crime is going to be tough to get a conviction on, therefore, it probably should not have been charged as such, particularly in light of the fact that he is going to go to prison regardless and the hate aspect can be used at sentencing.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel View Post
                          Throwing the hate-crime charge on these facts imho does a disservice to real victims of hate-crimes. I do believe that transgender and homosexuals should be included in hate-crimes legislation, if there is such a charge/enhancement in the jurisdiction, but this is a plain-ole murder to me. Unless this is an extraordinarily liberal jurisdiction, the hate crime is going to be tough to get a conviction on, therefore, it probably should not have been charged as such, particularly in light of the fact that he is going to go to prison regardless and the hate aspect can be used at sentencing.
                          Just curious, as I have not followed very closely, but has this been labeled a hate crime by authorities?

Thanks

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
                            Just curious, as I have not followed very closely, but has this been labeled a hate crime by authorities?

Thanks

Gramps
                            You posted the article, big guy

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel View Post
                              You posted the article, big guy
                              I understand that, I was asking if this was being pursued, off your comment..i.e. making conversation, commenting off your comment, ect.

Thanks

Comment

Premeditated means you intended to kill the person.
                                No it doesn't.
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X