Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zkribbler's Retirement House - Watch it being built!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insik and the laborers preparing the sacks of sand and gravel for the mix. This is one of the jobs I did on my place and its not easy.

All the gravel that came out of the holes dug for the posts is being fed into the mixer. Those holes will later be filled with limestone.

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

From the far side, the proposed picnic table location.

Hey! Rigo is in the back yard.

Comment

Gotta watch out for the brown ones. They'll crash your party like the wrath of God.

Nice framing Lancer! Why thank you...

Comment

Zoid's jungle gym...

I think they're done moving sacks for a while. Oh yeah, and Zkrib's alarm clock, no extra charge. Only one problem, the clock decides when it wants to go off, not you.

Comment

Right after the sack move Rigo goes straight into setting up the mixing station without even thought of a rest. The guy is a rock.

Comment

I took a few low light, long exposure images and this is one of them. I like them for the fullness of the pics.

Comment

I set the camera on the scaffolding to get this long exposure pick of the limestone conveyor head. Every time I snapped a pic the guys would hammer or move or vibrate the scaffold in some way. Finally I got this at max zoom.

Comment

Another long exp. The garden of the folks across the street. Maybe because of the detail they take longer to upload.

Comment

Let me tell you about my newest friend. Elmer gets paid and hands the bulk of it to his father, Iking, to help his family.

He went to go get something and I got a pic of his work area.

Comment

There were a couple of questions on Sho's mind one of which I'll direct to Zkrib later on.
                      I'm still waiting.

BTW: Shot # 53 is usual for the Phils -- a fairly nice house like the one on the left sits right next to one which is not nearly so nice. I saw very few "good" neighborhoods and "bad" neighborhoods. Everyone lives happily next to each other.

Comment

Two teams working on the next two posts.

Comment

About Shot 51: Wow! Once the seawall gets its facing of steel-reinforced concrete and is crowned by my house, it is going to look fantastic!!

Comment

Sho asked me to ask you about the height of the surface of the second floor above the first. Tito had instructed him 10', I recall you had mentioned 9' ceilings...

I had a long chat with Tito who really does know his way around the practical end. My point was that every time you elevate the second story one foot you add 1.5 steps and the area required to place those steps. He's on top of that...we had a good discussion. Also, we agreed that the steps should determine the exact height of the second floor. In other words, if you have 8" steps the second floor level ends at some multiple of 8". There are ways to work odd inches in by adjusting the rise of each step but screw that, that's where mistakes and odd steps come from. So, my advise is to pick a height for the second floor surface but let it be a guideline, not a rule. Its then Tito's job to get us up there in the space provided. I also told him of your 10 3/4 step, or run, and the 8" rise.

I spoke to him of your arrival end of April and our plan to do everything but work on the hose after the post pour, that he would have a few weeks off while we do the limestone, dirt and circumference wall. No comment on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                              About Shot 51: Wow! Once the seawall gets its facing of steel-reinforced concrete and is crowned by my house, it is going to look fantastic!!
                              That was the other question Sho had for me this morning, how to work the metal bar of the posts into the metal bar of the facing.

Yeah, its really going to look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post

How much did you pay this poor guy to prop up the tree?
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X