Zombie Bride of Stimulus Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the problem with my definition?

It's all about the cost-benefit analysis. If the cost is greater then the benefit then it's pork.

Of course, I can see why a communist would disagree with my definition.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

It's all about the cost-benefit analysis. If the cost is greater then the benefit then it's pork.

So in any debate about "abortion" I can use that word strictly under "my definition" that includes contraceptives and onanism, or in any debate about "gays" I can use use that word strictly under "my definition" that includes bestiality, coprophagia, and ****ing a knothole in a fence?

Don't you understand that a productive discourse requires that the almost universally accepted meaning of a word be what people mean when they use that word? I could "define" pork as "dancing the jitterbug atop a purplemonkeydishwasher" if I like, but that doesn't change the fact that it has a specific and generally recognized meaning to everyone else.

Seriously, under your "definition" ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN could be characterized as pork depending on what ones leftist or rightist political leanings find "beneficial." Hell, under your "definition" the Iraq war and reconstruction could be called "pork" for instance, even though the last time I checked there were no Iraqi legislators in the House or Senate.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

So the war in Iraq was/is pork? Allrighty then...

edit - Damn, Darius beat me to it. Well done, sir.
        Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly; February 26, 2009, 13:02.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I'm honestly beginning to believe that Ben graduated on a remedial program. Either that or he's since had a stroke.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Seriously, under your "definition" ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN could be characterized as pork depending on what ones leftist or rightist political leanings find "beneficial." Hell, under your "definition" the Iraq war and reconstruction could be called "pork" for instance, even though the last time I checked there were no Iraqi legislators in the House or Senate.
            Isn't that how the word is used by the left?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I'm honestly beginning to believe that Ben graduated on a remedial program. Either that or he's since had a stroke.
              Glass houses.

You never finished Che, so I don't know why you are trashing my degree. I worked hard for mine.

Comment

Stop talking Ben. Just stop. It's like you are trying to dig yourself a deeper hole.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Isn't that how the word is used by the left?
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Just when you think Ben has run out of stupid things to say he comes up with something new. My hat is off to you, sir.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                    X